Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer as a kovalev fan. He was talking about being mentally broken leading up to the second Ward fight. He's mentally finished after this. He sure was fun to watch though. I have a bad feeling the remainder of his career will not be kind to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by cg4life View Post
      Alvarez is from Columbia.
      And he's black...what was your point?

Comment

• Originally posted by cg4life View Post
        Alvarez is from Columbia.
        I meant hyped by fans, not pundits. There is always money in hyping (black especially) American boxers, but why some fans on here swear by Ward, I don't get it

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
          Well , two judges had Kovalev losing 2 rounds . Four rounds to two going to the 7th.
          Alvarez definitely had a shot at winning a decision .
          And that's not bad since one of the rounds could have been a 10-8 round for Kovalev.

Do you agree that Harold and then the judges had it by that wide
          I dig what your saying but i thought it was closer

Comment

• Called Alvarez but knock like that!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Why the f-ck are so many people talking about ward? Those fights are history. Alvarez knocking kov out doesn’t lessen Ward’s win in the last fight. It’s sad to see posters so upset that a guy they like gets ktfo that they have to use the loss as an opportunity to complain about old sh-t.
              You didn’t beat me to it because I wasn’t gonna respond. But it’s pretty sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
                Right? That's the new line they are going with apparently lol...I don't understand the Ward love, I really don't. There are a lot of good/better black fighters for them to back
                Its about race to u? Who said anything about black. Haaaaaaahaha u guys are pissed. Bro. Its like this. The truth is the truth kovalov is a mentally weak wanna be bully. When u stand up to him he runs just like in every other fight we seen of him when a fighter stands up to him. Once he throws everything at u and sees u still there? Boo boo surrounds the ring because kovalov don't know what to do after that 2nds later we see him getting knocked out haaaaaahahaha ha ha ha whaaaaaaaahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  Do you agree that Harold and then the judges had it by that wide
                  I dig what your saying but i thought it was closer
                  4 rounds to 2 was fair.
                  Even if Max was correct that it was 3-2 after the fifth .

THat did not look like a draw going to the 7th to me .
                  Kovalev won 3 rounds for sure.
                  I'm not sure Alvarez won 3 rounds going to the 7th.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    Whichever way you see it
                    But he’s never gotten Ward out of his head
                    He looked pitiful , scared and very hesitant
                    When you hesitate , you r overthinking and you can’t do that in boxing
                    I was truly impressed with Alvarez tonight, his movement for a guy at 175 was pretty special. And he is a good puncher; his jab was solid. Kov was hesitant and uncomfortable, but I think that was mainly due to Alvarez.

Main reason why I think the first Ward fight affected Kov is because he put everything into that fight and was robbed. So I think going forward he hasn't trained as hard as he should. He doesn't want to put his all in again, and get slighted. My opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                      Its about race to u? Who said anything about black. Haaaaaaahaha u guys are pissed. Bro. Its like this. The truth is the truth kovalov is a mentally weak wanna be bully. When u stand up to him he runs just like in every other fight we seen of him when a fighter stands up to him. Once he throws everything at u and sees u still there? Boo boo surrounds the ring because kovalov don't know what to do after that 2nds later we see him getting knocked out haaaaaahahaha ha ha ha whaaaaaaaahahaha
                      Like Tyson ?
                      Like Liston ?
                      Like Foreman ?

Comment

Working...
                      X