Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Fight Nearly Done; 'Way Bigger' Than Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... all depends on Fury's conditioning in this fight -- Wlad couldn't even touch him, remember?...

(and not even a Fury's fan here... )
    Klitschko seemed hesitant to let his hands go. Fury landed 95 punches in 12 rounds. They barely engaged.

As for Wilder's balance, I think he will be thinking about winning rounds over landing a highlight reel KO shot as has gotten him in trouble in the past. He really could win the fight on work rate alone given his superior conditioning. Even the old Fury tired late in fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
      So you think Fury is trickier than southpaw, Cuban amateur king Ortiz? Let's get the "Ortiz is old" reply out of the way... so you think Fury is a tougher challenge than Ortiz was?

Genuinely curious
      ... look: Fury is simply huge -- Wlad couldn't even touch him...

... on another hand: the ***** isn't signed with Al Haymon (as ortiz is)...

Comment

• Originally posted by JQside View Post
        Huge dilemma for Showtime on who's going to fund this fight with potential $100 million in guarantees for both fighters. It would have to sell more than 2 mil in PPVs.
        naw, both camps will take less of a guarantee, and cash in on the upside, Wilder and Fury are going to sell the sh/t out of this fight, the really money will be the PPV because EVERYONE will buy it, it will do 2 million buys at least.

Neither fight is getting 50 mill off the top, but both will end up making more money then they ever have many times over, and who knows, a rematch in the UK would make more money.

AJ just got frozen out of the gravy train, the money that he demanded will now be split among wilder and Fury.

This is the Queens justice as they say in Game of Thrones

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          Klitschko seemed hesitant to let his hands go. Fury landed 95 punches in 12 rounds. They barely engaged.

As for Wilder's balance, I think he will be thinking about winning rounds over landing a highlight reel KO shot as has gotten him in trouble in the past. He really could win the fight on work rate alone given his superior conditioning. Even the old Fury tired late in fights.
          I don't think Wilder can win this on points. I see Wilder losing too many of the early rounds and not being able to catch up before the fight is over. Fighting Wilder is like fighting a King Cobra for 12 rounds. Can Fury avoid getting bitten once the entire fight? Fury has the tools and the boxing IQ to do it, but if he makes one mistake, he's out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post

... I'll repeat: Fury is simply huge (in terms of height, reach and weight)... In case Wilder doesn't stop him, I don't know...

Comment

• Tyson’s coming for the glory. Aj ****** both like a coward. Glad these two decided they didn’t need that muscle bound fraud. Lineal champ vs the wbc champ to see who the best heavyweight is!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                Tyson’s coming for the glory. Aj ****** both like a coward. Glad these two decided they didn’t need that muscle bound fraud. Lineal champ vs the wbc champ to see who the best heavyweight is!!!!
                I think that Fury is coming for the money, tbh... (the *****s' sense for "glory" is still a mystery... )

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... all depends on Fury's conditioning in this fight -- Wlad couldn't even touch him, remember?...

(and not even a Fury's fan here... )
                  112kg/247lbs against Klitschko but with 9 months between fights (real fight I mean)...

If he makes that weight, surely his fitness will be at a decent level considering he's been fighting the weight instead of real top level HW's? He needs to put on a real classy performance against Pianeta just to show that he can move like he did.

The recent videos of him in camp look slick, I can't deny that.

Comment

• It is a shame this arse Wilder has to say “it is bigger”.... In what way is it bigger?
                    I mean, you are not even fighting Fury, just a shell of himself.

Man, this Wilder guy really is something....
                    Just rematch Ortiz, fight someone with a pulse, wait to see if Fury gets back to fighting real boxers first.

Fuc k ing cherrypicker!

Comment

• Originally posted by BreakingBox View Post
                      If Wilder loses, I would bet that there will be a rematch clause. If Wilder loses again, I highly doubt he will ever sign with Matchroom. He can't stand Hearn and he seems to be very loyal to his management team and they seem to have a very good relationship together. If I was Wilder, and lost the WBC belt, I would find my quickest route to be Joshua's mandatory.
                      Yeah, good call. It seems as if Eddie has tried it once (to get Wilder to move over to MR) but failed, could try it again with a $6-$7 million fight against Whyte?

Comment

Working...
                      X