Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Fight Nearly Done; 'Way Bigger' Than Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious, Is this match up gonna be a 2 fight deal regardless of the outcome of the first fight?
    Last edited by HeyPapi; 08-03-2018, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
      The reason this fight is happening is because of why? Because Joshua left 50 million+ on the table remember? "wouldn't be as big as a Joshua fight though" Incredible.
      So are you saying Finkel is giving Fury 50 Million , or splitting 50 Million with them ? lol

You do realise the 50 Million was money being generated by Joshua right ?

No , the fight will happen bc Wilder did not sign the contract he agreed to and Fury not being the A side here which will let Finkel run things .

How are you guys going to justify Wilder making less than 15 Million in this fight if that happens is also going to be good comedy bc anything less is Crackhead money , right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
        Hhhmm, I can’t see it personally. I’m actually rooting for Wilder on this one
        Don't get me wrong, I want to see an entertaining fight. A knockdown each would be nice but I will go the other way

Is this matchup going to expose Wilder's weaknesses and vice versa? It could really work in AJ's favour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
          It'll make more in the U.S. The ppv's are going to provide the money and having it at 5 o'clock U.S. time wouldn't do well. Plus, this is a pretty big fight, and whatever venue in Vegas, the crowd might be small compared to the U.K. but the revenue from the gate will be pretty close. Big events like this are still a status symbol for celebrities.

Also, as you said Britain travels well. Add to that, Floyd and Pac both sold insane amounts of ppv's in Britain vs. Hatton. The U.S. fans are more fickle, and aren't going to shell out $70 for a fight on a Saturday afternoon.
          This ^

And it'll also be PPV in the UK

Comment

Everything wilder said in this article is pretty much true. I do think right about now AJ might feel a little embarrassed. He made a financial demand and wouldn’t accept it when offered to him, he didn’t want wilder in the ring with him post fight . Why ? Credit to fury for backing up his talk and saving face for the UK.

Comment

Good fight and the promo will sell the fight. Fury is a master of trash talk.

He will bring out the best in Wilder. Going to be interesting to see how much both fighters will weigh come fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
                Everything wilder said in this article is pretty much true. I do think right about now AJ might feel a little embarrassed. He made a financial demand and wouldn’t accept it when offered to him, he didn’t want wilder in the ring with him post fight . Why ? Credit to fury for backing up his talk and saving face for the UK.
                Hahaha, everything he said is pretty much true...good one!

Comment

Good fight, I think Wilder wins this.

Comment

"Wilder isn’t worried, either, that he’ll be criticized for facing Fury in just the third bout of his comeback from a 2½-year layoff that followed his upset of Klitschko (64-5, 53 KOs)."

He shouldn't be worried. Joshua fought an older man (Wlad: 41, Fury: 29), coming off a 2 yr. layoff, and coming off a loss to Fury, without any tune-up bouts in between!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      "Wilder isn’t worried, either, that he’ll be criticized for facing Fury in just the third bout of his comeback from a 2½-year layoff that followed his upset of Klitschko (64-5, 53 KOs)."

He shouldn't be worried. Joshua fought an older man (Wlad: 41, Fury: 29), coming off a 2 yr. layoff, and coming off a loss to Fury, without any tune-up bouts in between!

Good point

Comment

Working...
                      X