Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Fight Nearly Done; 'Way Bigger' Than Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
    Man, do you guys think this fight should be in US or UK? I actually think it should be in the UK but those Europeans do travel for their people so it may still be a packed house.
    The fight doesn’t make as much sense in the U.K., Even though he is better than Joshua, Fury doesn’t have a massive following here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
      It'll make more in the U.S. The ppv's are going to provide the money and having it at 5 o'clock U.S. time wouldn't do well. Plus, this is a pretty big fight, and whatever venue in Vegas, the crowd might be small compared to the U.K. but the revenue from the gate will be pretty close. Big events like this are still a status symbol for celebrities.

Also, as you said Britain travels well. Add to that, Floyd and Pac both sold insane amounts of ppv's in Britain vs. Hatton. The U.S. fans are more fickle, and aren't going to shell out $70 for a fight on a Saturday afternoon.
      British fans are NOT going to travel for Tyson fury. His people would probably do but apart from that I doubt anyone not associated with him travels.

Comment

Fury is kicking his ass

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          British fans are NOT going to travel for Tyson fury. His people would probably do but apart from that I doubt anyone not associated with him travels.
          Regardless, it will make some real $$$. With AJ basically admitting he is afraid of Wilder, combined with the whole U.S. vs. U.K. angle, the first American hw champ in a decade, undefeated who has ko'd every opponent he has fought, the lineal belt, and the WBC belt, and Fury being an obnoxious loud mouth, and this fight will truly be a mega-fight.

Comment

"He beat the man that beat the man"? Makes about as much sense as Wilder desperately trying to convince everybody that this fight is as good or better match-up than Joshua.

I have no idea who walked away from the negotiations, but everybody knows that Wilder could have gone with a more credible opponent.

Comment

AJ is a 20 to 1 favorite against Povetkin. Where are the threads about this fight? Nobody cares.

While Wilder & Fury's every move gets thread after thread after thread.

Wilder vs. Fury is the biggest heavyweight fight of the year and the winner ends up with a ton of leverage. They'll have the most important belt and they'll be the lineal champion. And the only option for AJ if he wants to be recognized as the real champion.

Comment

They should just both fight on a ppv card in November. Then fight each other on April 13th. In November let wilder fight breazeale and fury fight somebody like Manuel charr for that belt he has. Then fight on the same day Joshua fights.....Whyte, allen, bellew, or whoever. That would really suck for hearn.

Comment

#Bombzquad

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                    "He beat the man that beat the man"? Makes about as much sense as Wilder desperately trying to convince everybody that this fight is as good or better match-up than Joshua.

I have no idea who walked away from the negotiations, but everybody knows that Wilder could have gone with a more credible opponent.
                    who would in the HW division do you consider credible?

Comment

Just imagine 10,000 *****s in Vegas

Ill believe this fights happening when I see both lads in the ring . Good fight of it comes off

Fury’s style and size will give wilder fits if he’s in anywhere near the shape he was

Comment

Working...
                      X