No announcement yet.

Parker Will Appeal Loss To Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Parker didn't really have enough in the tank to finish Whyte off anyway. He was very tired himself. But Whyte did what he should have done... Tie Parker up and don't let him get shots off. It was a well deserved win.
    Everything except the last statement is true.

Comment

In case some of you missed it, check out post #20 in this thread.

There you will find links to 4 big fights where the verdict was changed and/or a rematch was ordered...

...FROM JUST LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!

If you think this decision is likely to stand, you just have not been paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
        Everything except the last statement is true.
        You don't think it was a deserved win?

Nearly everyone agrees that Whyte won. If you don't agree, then you're in a very small minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Yep ...

True dat! Not all that long ago either.

Comment

You don't think it was a deserved win?

Nearly everyone agrees that Whyte won. If you don't agree, then you're in a very small minority.
            Oh he won, I don't deny that, but it was an ugly win, marred by dirty tactics (headbutt knockdown, tackling, holding onto the ropes). Parker was just too much of a weenie to make an issue of it with the ref (who was clearly a hometown official), or just bite down and go at Whyte.

IMHO, Whyte survived getting his head taken off by holding onto the ropes, and Parker is a dunce for waiting till the last few seconds to let it all go.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
              Oh he won, I don't deny that, but it was an ugly win, marred by dirty tactics (headbutt knockdown, tackling, holding onto the ropes). Parker was just too much of a weenie to make an issue of it with the ref (who was clearly a hometown official), or just bite down and go at Whyte.

IMHO, Whyte survived getting his head taken off by holding onto the ropes, and Parker is a dunce for waiting till the last few seconds to let it all go.
              The headbutt wasn't on purpose, it was an accident. It happens.

Tackling? You mean when Whyte and Parker got tied up and went into the ropes? Parker was moving backwards when that happened and pulled Whyte on to him. Watch it again. ( I did today) The second time it happened(And last time) Whyte did push Parker to the ropes. But so what? You get that in fights all the time. If we were to call fighters dirty on something so silly, then nearly all fighters are dirty.

Whyte held onto the ropes because he was hurt. It was the smart thing to do. Nothing illegal or dirty about it.

I think you're just angry Whyte won. You even said you don't like to see UK fighters win so you're making this out to be way more than it is. Stop being bitter.

Comment

Nothing illegal
                Sorry Sid, but you just stepped in it.
                Anyone who knows boxing is aware that holding onto the ropes is *AGAINST* rules, there by making it ILLEGAL.

Sometimes you do come up with valid replies, but this shows that you're not thinking clearly on this due to your lack of basic boxing knowledge.

I expect more from you Knee, you're letting me down with this kind of buffoonery.

Comment

Parker wasn't effected in the slightest. He never put his glove to his eye or show discomfort in any way. So don't try and make excuses for him, he didn't.

I know it angered you to see Whyte win, but if they rematch, Whyte wins in a more one sided fashion.
                  Putting a glove to your eye when you are hit above the ear would have definitely showed he was disoriented, I’ll give you that.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    In that round Parker is protesting!!!

1-was he headbutted???

2-was a headbutt counted as a knockdown??

I mean is this not a clear headbutt??? did you see a punch??

https://youtu.be/WB-4D9Rcpi0?t=20
                    Some salty crybabies can't handle reality!

That video clearly shows there was no headbutt and Parker was decked by a perfectly legal punch from Whyte.

Just like the video of the Ward vs Kovalev rematch clearly shows there were no low blows and Kovalev quit after being hit with 3 perfectly legal body punches from Ward.

Comment

As much as I'm not in a hurry to see Parker in the ring again, he does have a legit case here.

Comment

Working...
                      X