No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury: America Is Laughing At Us!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    It's been an long time since I scored the fight but i had JLC winning 7-5. No knockdowns. Floyd just got flat out hustled. At the very least it was a draw and if I remember correctly, Lederman had Castillo winning and Dan Rafeal had it a draw.
    If you go back and score a fight, isn't the idea to score it the way it should have been scored objectively?

Why would you then not score the second round 10-8 for Floyd?

It was clearly a knockdown and everyone who sees it says so.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      Who did Floyd duck?? he actually fought his way up and beat the who's who of boxing
      You have to at least admit that a lot of Floyds best wins were not at those fighters peaks. Oscar, Mosley and Pacquiao are some examples. And the ones that were at their peaks weren't particularly difficult style match ups for him. (Cotto, Hatton and Corrales. Floyd was indeed a calculated fighter and took fights at their very least point of risk. He wanted none of Manny until he started looking human. That's the total truth. Anyone without bias intentions knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        If you go back and score a fight, isn't the idea to score it the way it should have been scored objectively?

Why would you then not score the second round 10-8 for Floyd?

It was clearly a knockdown and everyone who sees it says so.
        In boxing you have to score what the ref rules so no, there is no debate about it.

Comment

In boxing you have to score what the ref rules so no, there is no debate about it.
          That's only valid if you are a ringside judge.

If you are going back and scoring the fight the way it should have been scored "in a perfect world", you count the knock down and score the round correctly.

You address all the errors, not just some.

If, for example, there is a point deduction and replay shows there was actually no foul, you correct that too.

Comment

It's been an long time since I scored the fight but i had JLC winning 7-5. No knockdowns. Floyd just got flat out hustled. At the very least it was a draw and if I remember correctly, Lederman had Castillo winning and Dan Rafeal had it a draw.
            Thanks for some feed back. I had it 7-5 rounds for JLC also. Floyd was getting worked that night. Probably the worse abuse his face took in any fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DocGreenThumb. View Post
              Thanks for some feed back. I had it 7-5 rounds for JLC also. Floyd was getting worked that night. Probably the worse abuse his face took in any fight.
              Agreed 👍......

Comment

I think folks are really sleeping on how big this could get through ALL ACCESS and social media.

The first heavyweight championship where it's even money that both fighters could show up to the first presser in superhero costumes!
                The presser can definitely be wild; doubt the costumes though

Comment

That's only valid if you are a ringside judge.

If you are going back and scoring the fight the way it should have been scored "in a perfect world", you count the knock down and score the round correctly.

You address all the errors, not just some.

If, for example, there is a point deduction and replay shows there was actually no foul, you correct that too.
                  Nope. That's just not how it works bud.

Comment

You have to at least admit that a lot of Floyds best wins were not at those fighters peaks. Oscar, Mosley and Pacquiao are some examples. And the ones that were at their peaks weren't particularly difficult style match ups for him. (Cotto, Hatton and Corrales. Floyd was indeed a calculated fighter and took fights at their very least point of risk. He wanted none of Manny until he started looking human. That's the total truth. Anyone without bias intentions knows that.
                    Actually after he got knocked out by JMM then he wanted Manny. Every thing else you said was spot on. I Like posters who know there boxing and not fall for all the B.S and change narratives for there favorite fighters.

Comment

Fury saying what needs to be said. Lol @ the clowns bringing up Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X