No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury: America Is Laughing At Us!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    Who did Floyd duck?? he actually fought his way up and beat the who's who of boxing
    Margarito and Paul Williams, just to name a few.

Here is an interview of Paul Williams:

Paul Williams argues that at Floyd’s level, he calls his own shots and isn’t dictated to. He views Mayweather as a protected fighter who won’t take anything but a calculated risk, unlike his rival Manny Pacquiao.

“If Floyd went to Al and said, ‘Hey, I want to fight Paul Williams, what can Al do?'” Williams asked the Examiner. “But Floyd is not going to ever say that. Pacquiao, he fights bigger guys, he’s different from Mayweather so maybe I will get to fight him. Floyd ranks himself with Ray Robinson, with Joe Louis, all these guys..but all those great guys, they all lost sometime. Mayweather won’t take a hard fight, he won’t take the chance of losing.

https://beatsboxingmayhem.com/2010/0...marvin-hagler/

Comment

Who did Floyd duck?? he actually fought his way up and beat the who's who of boxing
      Let's see here he retired and refused to fight Margarito when Arum tried to make that fight. Then turned around and bought Arum out of his contract to make sure that fight never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Margarito and Paul Williams, just to name a few.

Here is an interview of Paul Williams:

Paul Williams argues that at Floyd’s level, he calls his own shots and isn’t dictated to. He views Mayweather as a protected fighter who won’t take anything but a calculated risk, unlike his rival Manny Pacquiao.

“If Floyd went to Al and said, ‘Hey, I want to fight Paul Williams, what can Al do?'” Williams asked the Examiner. “But Floyd is not going to ever say that. Pacquiao, he fights bigger guys, he’s different from Mayweather so maybe I will get to fight him. Floyd ranks himself with Ray Robinson, with Joe Louis, all these guys..but all those great guys, they all lost sometime. Mayweather won’t take a hard fight, he won’t take the chance of losing.

https://beatsboxingmayhem.com/2010/0...marvin-hagler/
        Arum is to blame for the Margo fight not happening as he wanted Floyd to sign an extension for that fight..And when was he suppose to fight Williams?? Should he had fought him instead of oscar??? or Hatton?? article was written in 2010..Should he have faced Williams instead of p4p# Shane who people claimed he would not fight as well?

Comment

I will believe him when and if the Fury-Wilder fight is announced.

Comment

Accurate assessment

Comment

Bottom line is it takes a special kind of idiot to even try to compare the accomplishments of Joshua with those of Mayweather at the same age.

Floyd had belts in 3 different weight classes, two of them lineal titles as well, and had defended two of those belts a total of a dozen times.

He was already HOF material by that age.

Comment

Just face it guys; You can't give Floyd any credit on this forum.

Comment

he's right, but he's also back on cocai

Comment

I learned a new word today: dosser.

And Tyson is right...Hearn does try to treat other fighters like dossers.

Comment

Fights are scored by rounds, what rounds did you give Castillo?
                      It's been an long time since I scored the fight but i had JLC winning 7-5. No knockdowns. Floyd just got flat out hustled. At the very least it was a draw and if I remember correctly, Lederman had Castillo winning and Dan Rafeal had it a draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X