Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fighters would have beat Salido in their 2nd pro fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    He lost, he, learned, moved on and has gotten some great wins...Why the fuss over it?
    C'mon. Losing to a journeyman like Salido is a big deal. It's not like Salido went on to do anything spectacular after that. This loss stinks and it will stick no matter what excuses people make.

It's not like Loma is untouchable, either.

Loma disappointed in the Linares fight. He struggled mightily, took damage, was knocked down, and finally won. Linares we are talking about here, a guy KOed by three pedestrians (Salgado, DeMarco, and Thompson) and is at best a C+ fighter.

The Salido loss stays. It counts, like the Pacman's early losses still count, and talked about when talking about resume. The Pacman at least did a lot since then. Remains to be seen what Loma does going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
      Why does age matter? All I have ever seen on this board and others is “amateurs are not the pros”. Why doesnt Loma get the “he young doe” benefit?
      Age matters a lot. With it comes experience. Loma was too old when he debuted, why get "he young doe" credit? He wasn't.

I think you misunderstood what the poster meant!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
        Age matters because guys hit their physical peak at 25. It's stupid to think that's not a factor when talking combat sports.
        All fighters are not the same. Fernando Vargas was washed up at 25.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Again the fact he had 6 quasi pro fights that didn’t count against his actual record is a factor in answering this question.

I can take any number of fighters and give them 6 quasi pro fights and then have them take on and beat salido in their “2nd” did fight at age 25. I gave you names.

Just ask the question with some integrity. It doesn’t make Loma any worse or better if you ask an intellectually honest question.

Yes it does. Your resume is your resume. He lost and we can’t just give him a pass for it. Bringing up manny is silly because he is a past it great and Loma is in his prime.

Also, when you only have 12 fights, each individual fight has more impact on your resume then if you have 66 fights. Come on dude.
          Where do you find a record for quasi pro fights? How many quasi pro fights does someone like Spence have? Or Andre Ward? Or Maidana?

Again, this is not about giving anyone a pass. Its a simple question of which fighter would have beaten a 55 fight veteran former world champion in their second pro fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            Age matters a lot. With it comes experience. Loma was too old when he debuted, why get "he young doe" credit? He wasn't.

I think you misunderstood what the poster meant!
            What is the age limit for when a fighter can turn pro?

Comment

What is the age limit for when a fighter can turn pro?
              There's no age limit. It gives one advantages to stay in the amateurs as long as possible, however. Less danger, more time to gain experience.

25 and up is when fighters usually hit their primes. Some earlier. The whole amateur program is a prep for going pro.

Comment

All fighters are not the same. Fernando Vargas was washed up at 25.
                Yes, sir, because he was rushed into the Tito fight, a couple of years before his prime. Derailed. I was sad.

Comment

Yes, sir, because he was rushed into the Tito fight, a couple of years before his prime. Derailed. I was sad.
                  The guy in my avi will be favored against Loma by mid or end of next year. Watch and see. You know why? He's so good that he himself doesn't believe in his hype 100% yet and wants more experience. I like that a lot. I don't hype him, either. He'll hit his prime in 2020. Loma fight to happen then.

As a Vargas fan, I was one of those to rush him. Guilty!

Comment

There's no age limit. It gives one advantages to stay in the amateurs as long as possible, however. Less danger, more time to gain experience.

25 and up is when fighters usually hit their primes. Some earlier. The whole amateur program is a prep for going pro.
                    So Vargas would have been better off starting at 25?

Comment

loma lost the fight guys just move on, hes doing big things

Comment

Working...
                      X