Why the hate for Mikey Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    And what about Shortboa?

Gamboa had a lot of mobility and attacked using angles. He was fast on his feet in his prime.

Comment

Their shouldnt be hate for Garcia.
      I say good on him looking for the biggest fights best paydays.
      Aslong as he puts in a decent effort and doesnt just throw the towel in at the first chance I will be tuning in and i bet 90%on this forum does aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        And what about Shortboa?

Seriously though. Just look at his opponents. You will see a common pattern. He chose Easter because he thought Easter would be right in front of him like Easter is naturally inclined to do. Look at the rest of his opponents. You will see it also. He is a good fighter, but he knows the style he will look good against.

Comment

If Spence brutalizes Mikey then what will people say? They will say, what made him think he could win that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            First off Linares is not a second rate fighter he’s been running 135 for a while and Mikey would not fight like him. Linares came with a game plan and it didn’t work other than the flash kd he lost 9 rounds.. I guess it’s a moral victory for a flash kd to you?

Mikey would not even be able to touch Loma, the fact your eye doesn’t see the skill in him says everything.
            Was Linares Easter or Garcia, nope, therefore he equals second tier, no thing elite about Linares he's been koed multiple times u know this...

Comment

Hmm. I haven't seen any "hate" against Garcia.

Personally I think he's gutsy to take on Spence (if he really does) in the same way Kell Brook was gutsy to take on GGG.

As in stupid. But gutsy, too.

Comment

Mikey is doing his thing. I think the Spence fight is all wrong for him but it's his career.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  Seriously though. Just look at his opponents. You will see a common pattern. He chose Easter because he thought Easter would be right in front of him like Easter is naturally inclined to do. Look at the rest of his opponents. You will see it also. He is a good fighter, but he knows the style he will look good against.
                  A chance to unify against an undefeated champion. There’s no shame in that. I thought Lipnetz was a solid fighter. A little more experience and he would’ve gave Mikey a very good fight. I was pleasantly surprised by his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    He calls it running. We call it mobility. I see him as only fighting the same type all the time. He only fights guys who come straight at him. You present a guy who has good legs, and he will avoid them. He did it with Gamboa. He did it with Crawford, Manny and now Loma. Styles make fights and he avoids a certain style.

Mikey only wants flat footed opponents. He does not have the spring in his legs to prevent getting turned.
                    So you're saying Mikey avoided Crawford , Manny and Lomachenko ?

Comment

He probably gets some of the hate because he is a very good fighter with lots of good wins. There is no legit reason to dislike him or hate him. He is a nice guy outside the ring and a brave outstanding fighter in the ring. When boxers are as good as he is they tend to get lots of unreasonable hate. Just better than average boxers don't seem to be worthy of extreme hate from the haters. It's usually the very best fighters who are on most pfp top 10 best lists who get this kind of hate. Guys like Mikey, GGG, Loma, Canelo, Crawford and Spence get some hate because they are so good.

Comment

Working...
                      X