No announcement yet.

If you managed Mikey... Spence, Loma, or Beltran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ric Flair Drip View Post
    Greatness is not achieved by mediocrity..........
    Loma is the pound for pound king in most people’s eyes I think it’d be a great win.

Why move up to spence when you have a lot of unfinish business in your own division.
    That is not greatness either.

It’s like asking for Floyd to go to 160 for greatness when he has pacquiao on his weightclass— which everyone demands

Comment

Fight Beltran first to unify and gives more time to come up with game plans for Loma. After fight Loma in a winner take all 135.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
        Loma is the pound for pound king in most people’s eyes I think it’d be a great win.

Why move up to spence when you have a lot of unfinish business in your own division.

It’s like asking for Floyd to go to 160 for greatness when he has pacquiao on his weightclass— which everyone demands
        exactly........what if Floyd had done that.....and beat GGG.... he would be the unquestioned GOAT...........

Comment

Loma! That is the bigger fight right now it is a true P4P Showdown

Comment

Loma and Beltran are not realistic options. Like everyone else, I would advise against taking on Spence.

Arum has a long, long history of holding grudges and refusing to make fights with opponents not signed with him. On top of that, Mikey spent 2 years suing Arum... and Arum has already said he won't negotiate with Mikey. And as for Loma, he has said he will be back in December, but that he wants someone easier in his first fight back from an injury. Which will likely be against Beltran.

Which presents a problem. There are no big names at 135 besides him and Loma, and no big names at 140. In fact, Mikey moved up to 140 and fought the #1 fighter at 140 to win a title, and he was ridiculed for cherry picking- for fighting the #1 guy at a higher weight! Anyone Mikey could fight this year at 135 or 140, the Arum groupies would lambast and rejoice in how Mikey is fighting someone easy...

I would probably try to talk Mikey into facing any ww not named Spence for his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post

That is why Mikey should move up. Because it is like Floyd with Pac. Floyd left TR and Pac was with TR. So, Arum refused to make the fight for years and years. Scared of needles, superstitious, needs a new stadium to be built, etc. etc.

Mikey left TR and Loma is with TR. And Arum has already said he won't negotiate with Mikey.

Mikey moving up to ww is more like Floyd moving up to fight Cotto and Canelo. They were considered the best at a higher division, so Floyd moved up to fight them, but moved back down to fight guys his own size after the fight. Mikey can fight Spence, and move back down to 135 or 140 afterwards. And another positive is Mikey will most likely lose and take some serious punishment from Spence. That could make Arum more open to making the mega-fight with Loma.

Comment

Id pick Loma at 135 or Crawford 140 providing Crawford would go back down to 140 for the fight.

Mikey doesnt have the frame size or reach to hang with a big dude like Spence at 147. Especially not one that has such a commitment to ****ing the body, and who can crack and is fundamentally solid.

Thurman, Garcia, or Porter he can probably handle at 147, but Spence is an animal, and big for 147.
                Last edited by !! Shawn; 08-02-2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                  If I was managing Mikey, moving to 147 wouldn't even be an option. I'd had him fight Beltran in December and then fight Loma in April of 2019
                  Moving up and down in weight like he is doing has never turned out well for anyone.

Mikey just went from 140 to 135 and now he wants to go from 135 to 147?

Thats not a good thing to do to your body at 30 years old.

Id rather him take a fight at 140 on at 147, and then Spence if his goal really is a fight with Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    In a perfect world, about a week or so after Loma/Beltran in Decemeber, Mikey would fight either Commey or Mendy to take care of whichever mandatory challenger he is obligated to fight.

Assuming he wins, the next fight would be the Loma/Beltran winner.

It's clear Arum isn't going to make either a beltran or Loma fight. I would prefer he fight a mando then Spence
                    I have a feeling that part of the deal with Arum signing Loma was that Loma gets to call the shots. I mean he even demanded a title shot in his 2nd fight and got it.

Id favor Loma by quite a large amount in the fight also, he is just remarkably talented.

Garcia is a GREAT fighter, he is a smaller GGG stylistically. Very basic with lots of nuances timing and footwork.

Loma is great at fighting without establishing set patterns or rhythms that you can figure out and time. I think its the reason so many fighters have quit on their stool again him.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      I have a feeling that part of the deal with Arum signing Loma was that Loma gets to call the shots. I mean he even demanded a title shot in his 2nd fight and got it.

Id favor Loma by quite a large amount in the fight also, he is just remarkably talented.

Garcia is a GREAT fighter, he is a smaller GGG stylistically. Very basic with lots of nuances timing and footwork.

Loma is great at fighting without establishing set patterns or rhythms that you can figure out and time. I think its the reason so many fighters have quit on their stool again him.
                      I think Mikey and his team didn't want to be put in a Cotto type situation where Arum makes him come in under weight or skews things toward Loma so he bounced.

I am not sure Loma beats Mikey because Mikey is a much better fighter than posters give credit. He gets lowered because he is with SHOWTIME (and thus associated with Floyd and Haymon) and because he took on Bob in court.

Loma has made inferior guys and guys he outweighed quit and he deserves credit for that. I don't see Mikey quitting, although he did take the easy way out of the Salido fight to a degree.

Comment

Working...
                      X