Luis Ortiz vs Joe Joyce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    poor juggernutter, every time i see him posting hes getting brutally owned
    Juggernut is actually Eddie Hearn's secretary that does this in between typing memos and scheduling his meetings.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        Looks like they're at it again, hopefully the fight gets made this time at least they fought on same card if anything .lol

Still taking Joyce ,and Ortiz still sharp . Took a stab months ago at the match up hopefully it actually happens.

Comment

Ortiz went longer then Joyce when both fought on the Fury card but he still looks sharp. Going with Ortiz but by a hair if they fight next. Very even type fight.

Comment

I think Ortiz gets him out of there, honestly, and if not he makes Joyce look bad. Joyce looks like he's fighting underwater, he throws punches in slow motion and Ortiz (in spite of his age) has great movement, power, and speed. I can't imagine Joyce wants this fight.

Comment

At this stage I have to go with Ortiz. I think Ortiz is still somewhat unproven having only beaten Kauffman, Scott, Jennings, Cojanu & ancient Tony Thompson with Jennings his best win. I only mention Cojanu because he got a Parker title shot & went 12 rounds. Joyce is 7-0 with 3 wins over cans, 2 wins over British level fighters & 2 wins over journeymen. It's a big step going from Kiladze & Hanks to a top 5 HW in Ortiz. Joyce is ranked as Boxingrec #35 so he is moving up but Joyce hasn't beat anyone in the top 100 let alone a top 5 HW. Kiladze #184, Thomas #171 & Hanks #154. It is very hard for me to back Joyce to win at this stage. I'd like to see how he fairs against Kauffman or Kevin Johnson. Hell put him in there with the come backing Arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Would Ortiz risk losing and not getting another title shot when far easier guys are out there .

These two are of only 4 top guys that can and do dominate an entire fight the others are Miller and Joshua .

This would be a war and i think Joyce may tire Ortiz out by mid rounds or get caught and lose .

I would probably take an improving Joyce vs a guy whos eventually not going to show up nearing 50 .

I do have Ortiz ranked at 3 but this will probably change with guys like Joyce on the rise .
                What year was Ortiz born?

Comment

Ortiz would've DEMOLISHED the dude, barely beat a faded Jennings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    Ortiz would've DEMOLISHED the dude, barely beat a faded Jennings.
                    I read through the first page astonished before my stoned ass checked the dates

Comment

Ortiz is an old man but he would still beat the crap out of Joyce.

Comment

Working...
                      X