Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Joshua Will Not Fight Deontay Wilder at Any Cost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    what fury is/was has no bearing on what i think his comment means....a fight between him and aj would still be large over there and hes still a fellow countryman of AJ's

youre still talking about wlad as if he wasnt coming off a long layoff and had lost his previous fight then retired after losing again......meanwhile AJs fans run around calling ortiz old and washed up lol

u didnt say directly wilder killed bums...but that seems to be the general line from AJs fans when they feel backed into a corner and ashamed of AJs blatant duck...they constantly talk about his resume.......which begs the question again....why are fury, lennox and parker picking wilder and two of them are straight up saying AJ ducked? why is this big champion ducking a bum killer? and why are AJs own countrymen and a guy he just lost to saying it?

meanwhile the guy wilder just beat thinks wilder wins?

youre running around here acting like Aj beat 3 great champs to attain those belts.....he beat one decent one man....parker is decent...pretty good.....

still acting as if the quantity means quality here.....which it doesnt....the HW division is pretty weak overall...aside from the top 4 guys

again..keep being mad cause wilder comes up with the answers without doing all the work in front of you on paper......it will happen again when AJ sprouts a nutsack....thats what drives you guys so wild about wilder...he gets it done and it doesnt look like what you want it to look like...its great....you cant measure his heart..his power...his will...his desire...his resolve and his stamina....he has those in spades.....
    I’m sorry but you are debating with me on non-existent terms. Firstly, my favourite boxers are Lomachenko, Golovkin and Usyk and nowhere in my list does AJ figure because I’m fortunate enough not be blinded by nationalism (unlike most here) so with that in mind, I don’t care what most AJ fans are saying, I don’t care about your thoughts on Aj’s countrymen, I care about boxing and objectivity and it goes like this: AJ has still fought 3 more champions than Wilder ever has. Yeah, 2 of them were paper but he still fought them. Why couldn’t Wilder fight them? I’ll tell you why: because they were several classes above what he’s used to knocking down and he knows that. Even bloody charles Martin is better than just about everyone he’s faced (bar Stiverne, Ortiz and Gerald Washington) and he was ****e.

You’re quick to denigrate Klitschko. Do what you want but just tell me: why couldn’t Wilder fight him? Doesn’t sound like you rated him to highly so surely Wilder could have dispensed with him with ease, no?

Aj’s resume is relevant quite simply because in the absence of a clash between AJ and Wilder it’s the only thing anyone has to try to measure them until they clash. I believe there’s a contract to sign. Why doesn’t he sign it? Or is Wilder the one ducking? That would answer the question once and for all, no?

Until then, these remarks about ducking are hypocritical because, up till now, Wilder has shown zero interest in fighting any other champion; didn’t want to know Wlad, wouldn’t fight Parker, wouldn’t even fight the highly beatable Whyte for a record sum and a chance to skyrocket his profile in the UK where the only other HW champion is. Why? Because although Whyte is poor, he’s rough and Wilder wouldn’t leave the fight unmarked and he knows it. If the evidence points to AJ being a coward then Wilder is a certified coward x 3 and no amount of loud-mouthed, infantile social media posts will blind me to the facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by P to the J View Post
      I’m sorry but you are debating with me on non-existent terms. Firstly, my favourite boxers are Lomachenko, Golovkin and Usyk and nowhere in my list does AJ figure because I’m fortunate enough not be blinded by nationalism (unlike most here) so with that in mind, I don’t care what most AJ fans are saying, I don’t care about your thoughts on Aj’s countrymen, I care about boxing and objectivity and it goes like this: AJ has still fought 3 more champions than Wilder ever has. Yeah, 2 of them were paper but he still fought them. Why couldn’t Wilder fight them? I’ll tell you why: because they were several classes above what he’s used to knocking down and he knows that. Even bloody charles Martin is better than just about everyone he’s faced (bar Stiverne, Ortiz and Gerald Washington) and he was ****e.

You’re quick to denigrate Klitschko. Do what you want but just tell me: why couldn’t Wilder fight him? Doesn’t sound like you rated him to highly so surely Wilder could have dispensed with him with ease, no?

Aj’s resume is relevant quite simply because in the absence of a clash between AJ and Wilder it’s the only thing anyone has to try to measure them until they clash. I believe there’s a contract to sign. Why doesn’t he sign it? Or is Wilder the one ducking? That would answer the question once and for all, no?

Until then, these remarks about ducking are hypocritical because, up till now, Wilder has shown zero interest in fighting any other champion; didn’t want to know Wlad, wouldn’t fight Parker, wouldn’t even fight the highly beatable Whyte for a record sum and a chance to skyrocket his profile in the UK where the only other HW champion is. Why? Because although Whyte is poor, he’s rough and Wilder wouldn’t leave the fight unmarked and he knows it. If the evidence points to AJ being a coward then Wilder is a certified coward x 3 and no amount of loud-mouthed, infantile social media posts will blind me to the facts.
      wilder told hearn months ago he'd fight whyte....if he promised him the AJ fight would be next....this is documented...and hearn said "it dont work like that"

which is funny cause it happened later again when hearn sent a contract with no date or venue and when wilder asked when it would be they said april...thats why he didnt sign anything......because it would be silly of him to sign something now when his position could be better by the end of the year with demand for the fight building

the proof is in the pudding...fury, lennox and parker(who is fighting on hearn card again next) all have said what reasonable people know...aj is ducking

you can talk about measuring on what we have now...and whos resume is better...and all of it will mean jack **** when they meet...and dont worry that day is coming soon....aj wont be able to hide forever....the media and boxing world wont let him

Comment

• Originally posted by P to the J View Post
        I’m sorry but where did I say that how much a fighter makes matters?

What I did say/ask is why Wilder is the man to beat? And what I did imply was that if their respective records were swapped, we all know that you and others like you would be slating AJ for fighting nobodies and turning down several chances to unify with the various champions AND RIGHTLY SO.

Wilder had a chance to pick all of the belts and unify by fighting Klitschko but he didn’t. Why not? If AJ’s path was so much easier than Wilder then why didn’t Wilder just go ahead and do it? He’d be undisputed but instead he’s scrapping for relevance despite having arguably the most prestigious belt.

You think the “real champion” is a man who hasn’t attempted fight another champion in his 40 fight career until right now? Do you realise how confused you are?

“If one champion isn’t ready to face another champion, there’s no way in hell he’s the man to beat...”
        What kind of logic is this? Joshua’s beaten 3 champions (2 paper, admittedly) which is 3 more than Wilder has. So Wilder’s the man to beat because he’s calling AJ out? Ever called up for the debate team at high school??

I’m sorry, but Wilder’s resume up to this point borders on disgrace and while Joshua is deeply average as a fighter, any objective individual can see that in the piss poor HW division, he’s the man to beat.
        You keep talking about the resume, but don't seem to realize that's it's very easy to avoid the best fighters in boxing, then turn around and claim that their resume sucks. Wilder is the real deal, and is the most dangerous threat in the heavyweight division. High risk, low reward, so avoided like the plague by most fighters.

Only the toughest fighters fight him. Or the most confident...

From my vantage point, Joshua never intended to fight Wilder next and continues to avoid him with a disrespectful flat-fee offer. Like Fury says, not even $50 million against 50% was enough for him to take the chance. Hopefully, after one or two confidence-building fights, Joshua will be ready. Until then, Wilder is the man to beat...
        Last edited by davefromvancouv; 07-27-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
          wilder should try and get 100 ppv first before comparing popularity. How can a fighter that can barely fill a 20k arena be on ppv?
          So I don't need any barga to come on this platform to tell us which fight should and should not be on ppv.
          That's why I said the US should on worry about their ppv for now.

It's very simple, PPV doesn't determine a fighters popularity, the ratings do, and Wilder is among the top. Wilder gets higher ratings than GGG did, pre Canelo. Always over 1 million viewers no matter who he fights. Keith Thurman has one of the highest rated fights in boxing history, yet he still hasn't fought on PPV. Wilders last fight versus Ortiz went head to head against a Kovalev bout and a UFC PPV, even Dana White tweeted he was watching Wilder while sitting ring side at the octagon, still Wilder reached 1.2 million. Wilder is currently one of the most popular U.S. fighters, facts. Sold out Barclays which is extremely hard for boxers to do (Cotto couldn't even sell out Barclays). The fight Prior to that, Barclays closed the mezzanine and upper bowl to cut the arena down to just over 9k seats, they had to open up seats because they underestimated the demand. That fight sold over 10k tickets, which is technically a sell out due to the seating arrangement. The same thing happened With Wilders first fight at Barclays, Upper bowl and mezzanine were closed to create a seating arrangement of over 9k. The demand was so high that Barclays had to open the entire upper bowl to accommodate, which resulted in over 12k tickets sold. I don't think I need to explain to you how unusual and rare it is for a venue to change seating leading up to a live event. Anyway, the fact that AJ is more popular than Wilder has already been conceded, then why is it constantly brought up by AJ fans, over and over? Well it's for the same reason they choose to ignore Wilders popularity in the U.S., it's the only argument they have to justify the fight not happening, with out pinning blame on AJ.

Comment

• This saga reminds me a lot of Calzaghe vs Jeff Lacy. Lacy was this knockout sensation, although unproven vs the best opposition, and Calzaghe ultimately won the fight fairly easily but I think he was reluctant to take the risk and had to be talked into it by his dad. Calzaghe also didn't want to fight Kelly Pavlik and so let Hopkins beat him instead.

Comment

• Tyson Fury speaks the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
                This saga reminds me a lot of Calzaghe vs Jeff Lacy. Lacy was this knockout sensation, although unproven vs the best opposition, and Calzaghe ultimately won the fight fairly easily but I think he was reluctant to take the risk and had to be talked into it by his dad. Calzaghe also didn't want to fight Kelly Pavlik and so let Hopkins beat him instead.
                Stop lying to the masses about Pavlik,and Lacy Calzaghe does not remind anyone of Joshua Wilder lmao...

Comment

• Joe Calzaghe didn't want to fight Kelly Pavlik. If he wanted to fight him it would have happened. I don't care what anybody thinks about it.

Comment

• Jeff Lacy was called the next Mike Tyson. After he lost people didn't say that anymore.

Comment

• What so ironic is that AJ is so much bigger than Deontay. Wilder is a little guy. He is just tall and weighs only 214 lbs.

While Joshua is freaking huge and muscular and weighs more than 260 lbs and yet he is still afraid of him.

How can man that size and that strong be so weak and cowardly at the same time?

Comment

Working...
                      X