Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Joshua Will Not Fight Deontay Wilder at Any Cost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
    Come on let's make this fight happen already! AJ quit ducking!!!
    Don't be hurting his nuthguggers' feelings.

Comment

• Joshua will fight Wilder when he believes he can win. Simple as that. That will happen when a fair 60/40 contract is offered, or when Joshua is ready to accept $50 million against 50% to fight in the US.

Until then, Joshua can enjoy his local support and Wilder is the man to beat...

Comment

• I don’t know why Wilder has so much support on these forums because he is utterly woeful as a boxer. Just because a sportsman is from one’s own country doesn’t mean you have to lose all sense of perspective. I’m from the UK and if I think a sportsman in my country is *****e, I’ll say it. But then again, I’m not nationalistic, not insecure and don’t feel the need to bask in the reflected glory of other people’s accomplishments to make up for my own perceived deficiencies but that’s the sense I get from fanboys when they jealously defend their man like it’s their honour that’s been slighted.

AJ? Let’s be real, at best he’s an average boxer excelling in a p*ss poor era but at least he’s gone out of his way to win and unify titles and in almost half the fights that Wilder has had. Surely even the most ardent Wilder fanboy can admit that 40 fights and not a fight against a current champion in that time is absolutely appalling? Yet Joshua is the ducking coward?

If I want sensible comments about boxing, I get a better deal going to threads about the fighters that only purists love instead of the AJ-Wilder forums which regualay descend into pre-pubescent nonsense (but which is still hilarious to view).

Comment

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
          Joshua will fight Wilder when he believes he can win. Simple as that. That will happen when a fair 60/40 contract is offered, or when Joshua is ready to accept $50 million against 50% to fight in the US.

Hey man, why is Wilder “the man to beat?” Would you be calling AJ the man to beat if he had Wilder’s record?

Comment

• Originally posted by P to the J View Post
            I don’t know why Wilder has so much support on these forums because he is utterly woeful as a boxer. Just because a sportsman is from one’s own country doesn’t mean you have to lose all sense of perspective. I’m from the UK and if I think a sportsman in my country is *****e, I’ll say it. But then again, I’m not nationalistic, not insecure and don’t feel the need to bask in the reflected glory of other people’s accomplishments to make up for my own perceived deficiencies but that’s the sense I get from fanboys when they jealously defend their man like it’s their honour that’s been slighted.

AJ? Let’s be real, at best he’s an average boxer excelling in a p*ss poor era but at least he’s gone out of his way to win and unify titles and in almost half the fights that Wilder has had. Surely even the most ardent Wilder fanboy can admit that 40 fights and not a fight against a current champion in that time is absolutely appalling? Yet Joshua is the ducking coward?

If I want sensible comments about boxing, I get a better deal going to threads about the fighters that only purists love instead of the AJ-Wilder forums which regualay descend into pre-pubescent nonsense (but which is still hilarious to view).
            lol

fury called AJ a *****...lennox said it a much nicer manner(lennox said he doesnt want it)...parker said wilder wins....lol

if wilder is so piss poor then hes easy work for AJ and its easy money.......its funny when this so called "champion" thats gone "out of his way " to accomplish such "amazing things" is afraid of a piss poor bum killer......weird.....

wilder is unconventional and it bothers people...it doesnt seem to add up...like nazim said "wilders that kid that gets the answer right on the math test and when the teacher asks to show how he got the answer he aint got nothin but hes got the correct answer"...it bothers people that he doesnt do the way theyd like to see it done...it bothers people he gives away rounds in order to set up a big shot......he bothers people because its not pretty......but in the end he has the answer and AJ is afraid to take the test

Comment

Joshua will fight Wilder when he believes he can win. Simple as that. That will happen when a fair 60/40 contract is offered, or when Joshua is ready to accept $50 million against 50% to fight in the US.

Dave, u dont post very much, but when u do, its worth reading

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                lol

fury called AJ a *****...lennox said it a much nicer manner(lennox said he doesnt want it)...parker said wilder wins....lol

if wilder is so piss poor then hes easy work for AJ and its easy money.......its funny when this so called "champion" thats gone "out of his way " to accomplish such "amazing things" is afraid of a piss poor bum killer......weird.....

wilder is unconventional and it bothers people...it doesnt seem to add up...like nazim said "wilders that kid that gets the answer right on the math test and when the teacher asks to show how he got the answer he aint got nothin but hes got the correct answer"...it bothers people that he doesnt do the way theyd like to see it done...it bothers people he gives away rounds in order to set up a big shot......he bothers people because its not pretty......but in the end he has the answer and AJ is afraid to take the test

1) I respect Lewis and Parker’s right to opinion and if they think that then that’s fair. They’re wrong IMO but whatever.

2) Fury’s a fantastic boxer but come on, are you really using him to substantiate your remarks? He has a reputation for saying things that most people would consider mental, outlandish or deliberately controversial; not to mention he contradicts himself dependant on mood. See his comments on ****sexuality, women, etc.

3) “So called champion?” If by champion you mean someone who currently holds 3 world titles? The prefix ‘so-called’ is a curious one that you use and indicates bias.

4) I did say Wilder was “p*ss poor” but I never called him a “bum killer” though I do think it. Either you read my mind or you betrayed your thoughts on the man’s record.

5) You accuse a man that fought for a title in his 16th fight, fought to unify against the former champion who was undefeated for 11 years (pre fury) in his 19th fight and grabbed a 3rd in his 21st fight of being afraid? Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. Just wondering why Wilder is never accused of being afraid since he wouldn’t fight Klitschko to unify the division when he had the chance..

6) Unconventional my ass. The man can’t box and when you watch Lomachenko, Golovkin, Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Usyk, etc, you realise that not only is the heavyweight division a disgrace in producing no-one of this calibrate but that it’s 2 champions are relatively poor. But especially the WBC holder and I will explain: Poor footwork, poor head movement, poor technique, only posseses a 2 punch combo, very little in terms of balance and he has been rocked regularly in fights (see molina, Ortiz, even his early ones) and in sparring.

One thing about Wilder that I must give him credit for: He’a brave and he didn’t panic between rounds against Ortiz. That’s all.

Comment

Hey man, why is Wilder “the man to beat?” Would you be calling AJ the man to beat if he had Wilder’s record?
                  Records don't matter..
                  How much a fighter makes doesn't matter...
                  How many belts he has doesn't matter...

If one champion isn't ready to fight another champion, there's no way in hell he's the man to beat...

Joshua isn't ready to fight Wilder. He could have easily gotten an exemption from the WBA. He actually dropped out of the WBC ratings to pick up the belts stripped from Fury. It was an easier path, it helped develop him as a fighter and put him in the driver's seat for the unification with Wilder. But he's not ready to fight Wilder yet. Nothing wrong with that, but it shows he's not the man to be beat. It shows who's the real champion at this point in time.

Comment

1) I respect Lewis and Parker’s right to opinion and if they think that then that’s fair. They’re wrong IMO but whatever.

2) Fury’s a fantastic boxer but come on, are you really using him to substantiate your remarks? He has a reputation for saying things that most people would consider mental, outlandish or deliberately controversial; not to mention he contradicts himself dependant on mood. See his comments on ****sexuality, women, etc.

3) “So called champion?” If by champion you mean someone who currently holds 3 world titles? The prefix ‘so-called’ is a curious one that you use and indicates bias.

4) I did say Wilder was “p*ss poor” but I never called him a “bum killer” though I do think it. Either you read my mind or you betrayed your thoughts on the man’s record.

5) You accuse a man that fought for a title in his 16th fight, fought to unify against the former champion who was undefeated for 11 years (pre fury) in his 19th fight and grabbed a 3rd in his 21st fight of being afraid? Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. Just wondering why Wilder is never accused of being afraid since he wouldn’t fight Klitschko to unify the division when he had the chance..

6) Unconventional my ass. The man can’t box and when you watch Lomachenko, Golovkin, Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Usyk, etc, you realise that not only is the heavyweight division a disgrace in producing no-one of this calibrate but that it’s 2 champions are relatively poor. But especially the WBC holder and I will explain: Poor footwork, poor head movement, poor technique, only posseses a 2 punch combo, very little in terms of balance and he has been rocked regularly in fights (see molina, Ortiz, even his early ones) and in sparring.

One thing about Wilder that I must give him credit for: He’a brave and he didn’t panic between rounds against Ortiz. That’s all.
                    what fury is/was has no bearing on what i think his comment means....a fight between him and aj would still be large over there and hes still a fellow countryman of AJ's

youre still talking about wlad as if he wasnt coming off a long layoff and had lost his previous fight then retired after losing again......meanwhile AJs fans run around calling ortiz old and washed up lol

u didnt say directly wilder killed bums...but that seems to be the general line from AJs fans when they feel backed into a corner and ashamed of AJs blatant duck...they constantly talk about his resume.......which begs the question again....why are fury, lennox and parker picking wilder and two of them are straight up saying AJ ducked? why is this big champion ducking a bum killer? and why are AJs own countrymen and a guy he just lost to saying it?

meanwhile the guy wilder just beat thinks wilder wins?

youre running around here acting like Aj beat 3 great champs to attain those belts.....he beat one decent one man....parker is decent...pretty good.....

still acting as if the quantity means quality here.....which it doesnt....the HW division is pretty weak overall...aside from the top 4 guys

again..keep being mad cause wilder comes up with the answers without doing all the work in front of you on paper......it will happen again when AJ sprouts a nutsack....thats what drives you guys so wild about wilder...he gets it done and it doesnt look like what you want it to look like...its great....you cant measure his heart..his power...his will...his desire...his resolve and his stamina....he has those in spades.....

Comment

Records don't matter..
                      How much a fighter makes doesn't matter...
                      How many belts he has doesn't matter...

If one champion isn't ready to fight another champion, there's no way in hell he's the man to beat...

Joshua isn't ready to fight Wilder. He could have easily gotten an exemption from the WBA. He actually dropped out of the WBC ratings to pick up the belts stripped from Fury. It was an easier path, it helped develop him as a fighter and put him in the driver's seat for the unification with Wilder. But he's not ready to fight Wilder yet. Nothing wrong with that, but it shows he's not the man to be beat. It shows who's the real champion at this point in time.
                      I’m sorry but where did I say that how much a fighter makes matters?

What I did say/ask is why Wilder is the man to beat? And what I did imply was that if their respective records were swapped, we all know that you and others like you would be slating AJ for fighting nobodies and turning down several chances to unify with the various champions AND RIGHTLY SO.

Wilder had a chance to pick all of the belts and unify by fighting Klitschko but he didn’t. Why not? If AJ’s path was so much easier than Wilder then why didn’t Wilder just go ahead and do it? He’d be undisputed but instead he’s scrapping for relevance despite having arguably the most prestigious belt.

You think the “real champion” is a man who hasn’t attempted fight another champion in his 40 fight career until right now? Do you realise how confused you are?

“If one champion isn’t ready to face another champion, there’s no way in hell he’s the man to beat...”
                      What kind of logic is this? Joshua’s beaten 3 champions (2 paper, admittedly) which is 3 more than Wilder has. So Wilder’s the man to beat because he’s calling AJ out? Ever called up for the debate team at high school??

I’m sorry, but Wilder’s resume up to this point borders on disgrace and while Joshua is deeply average as a fighter, any objective individual can see that in the piss poor HW division, he’s the man to beat.

Comment

Working...
                      X