Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munguia in a year or two will be scary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if Canelo loses in September, Mungia will step into his place as Mexico's top guy

Comment

Let’s not put Munguia in the Hall of game yet folks ok. He does have excellent power at 154. We have to see how much of that power he will carry up to 60. He should carry that power because of his youth, or has his power peaked already. I personally feel he’s as strong as he’s gonna be. If he was weighing in at 154 and hydrating up to 65 or 66 hell or even 70 I would say he’s goona be a hammer, but the weight he is adding 176 pounds means he’s punishing himself, and his power is limited in the future. Jaime is a power puncher away from getting embarrassed because of his lack of head movement and heavy feet. His handlers better beware of Hurd, Lubin, Jacobs would humiliate him. I’d like to see the polish fighter Sulecki fight him next, that was a guy who gave Jacobs trouble and he’s Durable. Lacks big one punch power , that might be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Id be shocked to sht if he can get past Carlos Baldomir level.
        I dont think so bro. Baldomir didn't have the sheer relentless aggression and energy that JM has. He kind of chug a lugged forward and depended on his chin. Don't you think that if JM would stop resetting everytime he wanted to punch that his offence would be significantly improved? Imagine a bit of head movement thrown in there, then we are looking at a serious threat to many top guys. Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
          Let’s not put Munguia in the Hall of game yet folks ok. He does have excellent power at 154. We have to see how much of that power he will carry up to 60. He should carry that power because of his youth, or has his power peaked already. I personally feel he’s as strong as he’s gonna be. If he was weighing in at 154 and hydrating up to 65 or 66 hell or even 70 I would say he’s goona be a hammer, but the weight he is adding 176 pounds means he’s punishing himself, and his power is limited in the future. Jaime is a power puncher away from getting embarrassed because of his lack of head movement and heavy feet. His handlers better beware of Hurd, Lubin, Jacobs would humiliate him. I’d like to see the polish fighter Sulecki fight him next, that was a guy who gave Jacobs trouble and he’s Durable. Lacks big one punch power , that might be a great fight.
          Why do you think that he had better stay away from Lubin? Hurd is a monster with an iron chin and Jacobs is an elite middleweight, but Lubin?

Comment

He's the second coming of Ricardo Mayorga. I honestly think Mayorga has cleaner shots than Munguia from what I've seen so far. If he can clean some of his punches up, he will move closer to Mayorga level overall, lol.

Comment

a 154lb fighter who's a cruiserweight, sure that's good

pretty much a 154lb version of Rios, another face first weight bully

but he is a likeable person

Comment

max asked him why weren't u able to knock him out like canelo,

I would've turned into a huge fan if mungia would've said because I didn't eat any bad meat haha

Comment

Shouldn't be rushed to fight aging Lara doe. He's still a baby.

Comment

I like the kid but frankly I was a little concerned with what I saw last night. Munguia got hit with Smith's best shots, if Smith could punch more than a little, things might have taken a different course. Also, Munguia does not snap off his big punches, he visibly sits down on the punches, telegraphing them. IMO, Munguia needs a lot of work yet.

Comment

HEAD MOVEMENT

That's the main thing he lacks, if he had it, he'd be really dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                      X