No announcement yet.

Mayweather and Pacquiao: Top 5 wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abracada View Post
    If Pac-Man didn’t disengage and kept on hitting the combo it may have been a TKO, I wondered why he stepped away.
    Oh you didn't know?

Here read and watch these facts I gathered.

Pac's torn rotator cuff tear as evident in this pic.

Right deltoid, red mark. Shows Pac was truly 50% of his true self

Pac's explanation.

@ 2:57:" I was disappointing with myself (throwing barrages on Floyd on the 4th round) because he was leaning on the ropes and I was attacking him, starting my pressure to him, but when I threw my hand I feel like I cut my hands. I feel like I didn't have my right hand. "

After a Flurry he backed off, this is when he tore it.

@ 1:33 -1:42 Pac Flurries and strangely stops the onslaught. He could have finished Floyd right there.

Pac's Surgeon explains torn rota-tor cuff surgery.

I just call it how I see it. The one who truly deserves this win wasn't the black IV cheating dude.

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship Dashon Johnson confirmed through his official Facebook account that Pacquiao hurt his right shoulder two weeks ago, which flared up during the third round of the fight on Saturday.

We were asked not to mention anything to anyone but yes Manny got hurt during this camp with his right shoulder and it was messed up pretty bad," Johnson said on Facebook. "So bad his sparring partners including myself were asked to go home a few weeks out before the actual fight"

Floyd hung on to Manny like a drowning man holding on to a floating log. This guy is the most overrated boxer in history. No power..no offense..no guts...runs like a purse snatcher being pursued by police.... holds on for dear life every time he is about to b attacked..constant dirty tactics such as forearms to opponents face and neck...this guy is the biggest scam ever...his backers say he is a boxer not a fighter, I say he is neither...the state of boxing today is at its worse point for allowing this disgraceful decision, a decision that was rendered before fight night.

much holding over an injured asian. it only shows his lack of confidence. And skill to oneself. If someone needs to redeem himself in this. It's Floyd.

This Is How Floyd Mayweather Jr Will be Remembered against Manny if he doesn't find his way to man up for a rematch.

Comment

Comment

in what rd did the ''injury'' reveal itself

and may fought most of his career with bad hands.

quit yer

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          youve never shared an opinion before ?
          If I would to answer. Morales in his prime is 50-50 perhaps even losing 1 if they are in a trilogy. Barrera gets UD'd 8-4. Marquez gets shut down. Styles

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
            lol that doesn't mean it's healed just because they were flexing lol

If you forgot Pac even went in the ring and fought Floyd lol

Here look closely. Magnify it if you'd like. The tear in full view. Inflamed from the outside of the skin of his deltoid. Stop being blind. Wake-up son.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton Belgram View Post
              First of, then let me make it very clear that I'm a fan of both Mayweather AND Pacquiao. But when looking at their careers, I have a very hard time defining their top 5 wins.

With Mayweather, it goes something like this (I'm probably wrong, so I hope you correct me):
              1 - Pacquiao
              2 - Canelo
              3 - Corrales
              4 - Hatton
              5 - Cotto

With Pacquiao, it goes something like this (I'm probably wrong, so I hope you correct me):
              1 - Barrera
              2 - Bradley
              3 - Hatton
              4 - Cotto
              5 - Morales

Please, DO NOT turn this into a Mayweather vs. Pacquiao thread. Just give your top 5 wins for both and your reasons, if you want.
              Though Pac is a good win for Floyd and his legacy. Its quality is not close to his other victories. First Pac was already past his best during that time.
              Second, Floyd didn’t do anything special in that fight — in fact offensively, that was probably his worst outing number wise. Defensively though it was great as he nullified whatever old pac had to offer. But it wasn’t a schooling really.

Same with Cotto, a good win but a bit too late.

Mosley, awesome win as well but a bit too late.

So here’s my mayweather top 5:

1. Corrales - he was an underdog during this time and this is the fight where he stepped it up and grabbed his destiny. This is the type of perfomance you give if you wanna be a star. This is the counter part of pacs win over barrera.

2. De la hoya - the fight that catapulted him to stardom. Dlh was already a bit past it but mayweather fought him at full 154lbs. So credit where it’s due.

3. Hatton - he fought a prime hatton. I don’t see anyone having an easy time with that version of hatton at welter today or jr welter. Too bad he’s being judge for his performances against the two best prime fighter he’s fought.

4. Castillo II - beat a prime castillo and avenged a close fight in I.

5. Canelo - Canelo was already a champion when they fought so let’s not make excuses. If this fight was at full 154 though. It’ll probably be his second best win. Due to the manner he beat Canelo. And that no one has yet to do the same.

Pacquiao top 5

1. Barrera - beat a prime mexican atg in Barrera to submission. stepped it up bigtime and grab his destiny to greatness.

2. Bradley — beat a prime solid hof fighter in bradley. Arguably 3 times.

3. Sasakul- great victory against a prime p4p fight during that time.

4. Marquez 08- won a close decision in a great fight with a prime hof marquez. The difference was the knockdown.

5. Cotto- pac being the smaller guy, beat up Cotto the way he did was surprising. But stylistically he was just a nightmare to cotto, add to the fact that cotto didn’t have a proper trainer during that time and the fight being at 145.
              If it happened at full 147. This is probably his second best win ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                If I would to answer. Morales in his prime is 50-50 perhaps even losing 1 if they are in a trilogy. Barrera gets UD'd 8-4. Marquez gets shut down. Styles
                my take on it is almost the same except i dont see may having any probs with them. but thats the great thing about opinions. they cant be proven right or wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                  lol that doesn't mean it's healed just because they were flexing lol

If you forgot Pac even went in the ring and fought Floyd lol

Here look closely. Magnify it if you'd like. The tear in full view. Inflamed from the outside of the skin of his deltoid. Stop being blind. Wake-up son.

what rd was that so i can pull it up
                  see if there was any decline in production

Comment

Originally posted by Morton Belgram View Post
                    First of, then let me make it very clear that I'm a fan of both Mayweather AND Pacquiao. But when looking at their careers, I have a very hard time defining their top 5 wins.

With Mayweather, it goes something like this (I'm probably wrong, so I hope you correct me):
                    1 - Pacquiao
                    2 - Canelo
                    3 - Corrales
                    4 - Hatton
                    5 - Cotto

With Pacquiao, it goes something like this (I'm probably wrong, so I hope you correct me):
                    1 - Barrera
                    2 - Bradley
                    3 - Hatton
                    4 - Cotto
                    5 - Morales

Please, DO NOT turn this into a Mayweather vs. Pacquiao thread. Just give your top 5 wins for both and your reasons, if you want.

Define "top".

If by "Top" you mean significant in history:

Mayweather
                    Chico Corrales
                    Luis Castillo
                    Oscar De La Hoya
                    Ricky Hatton (international recognition)
                    Miguel Cotto (weight limit Floyd hadn't fought at)

Can't say Mosley because few thought that version of Mosley would stand a chance even though he was fresh off dominating Cheato; he couldn't get past Winky, Floyd was much more defensively brilliant.

Pacquiao
                    Barrera
                    Morales
                    De La Hoya
                    Margacheato
                    David Diaz

Diaz instead of Mosley because if I recall that fight, Diaz was bigger than Manny and champion in the class, and got stopped unexpected by most.

However, if by "Top" you mean entertaining:

Mayweather
                    Chico Corrales
                    Arturo Gatti
                    Jesus Chavez (El Matador, not Piedra)
                    Emmanuel Augustus
                    Canelo Alvarez

* Real tossup between Canelo and Marquez. I gave it to Canelo because watching Mayweather as the aggressor against a larger undefeated guy was a thing of beauty.

Pacquiao
                    Barrera
                    Morales
                    De La Hoya
                    Cotto
                    Mosley

However, if by "Top" you mean quality of opponent/perceived threat level:

Mayweather
                    Genaro Hernandez
                    Ricky Hatton
                    Miguel Cotto
                    Canelo Alvarez
                    Manny Pacquiao

Pacquiao
                    Barrera
                    Morales
                    Marquez
                    De La Hoya
                    Margacheato
                    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 07-22-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                      I would put mosley or castillo over cotto. Genaro hernandez could be top 5 as well
                      Hell yeah! Genaro Hernandez only had one loss when Floyd schooled him. That was Tue beginning of his true brilliance as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Working...
                      X