Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Usyk, Gassiev - Go Face To Face at Final Press Conference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FairPlay View Post
    It's good to see all the preemptive cries of robbery.

Seriously, even if Gassiev knocked Usyk out of the ring and sent him flying into the parking lot there would still be people who would claim that it was due to the corrupt judges.
    As boxers, I like both fighters, but I like Gassiev (or at least his persona) far more. Respectful and humble, feet firmly on the ground. As his career progresses, Usyk, to me, comes across more and more as a c*cky a-hole who considers himself some sort of a boxing legend. Maybe he will prove it some day, but he still has a lot of milk to drink until then.
    IF Gassiev KOs Usyk then its all Usyk´s fault because he didn't prepare well for this fight and changes his trainer each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
      Usyk also clearly said at the presser today that you need a very good amateur basis to compete at this elite level.Just to throw hooks wildly (like Gassiev does) won't be enough to defeat Usyk because he will just move away with his footwork.Previous opponents of Gassiev were easy to catch because they stood infront of him. it won't be the case with Usyk who is an excellent mover. Gassiev might land some big punches here and there but they won't have the needed effect. I expect Usyk to fight the same way as against Glowacki.
      Are you going to name any notable Russian robberies or are we moving along ?

Usyk is right and I’d agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        Just because you’ve decided that politics will play a part means nothing, you’ve no substance to your claims other than their will be an injustice because ...

Russia just hosted a World Cup to worldwide applause and no hooliganism like roundly reported and expected by western media, again completely unfounded criticisms levelled which really only highlight media’s as attempting to portray Russia in bad light. It really puts Russia in a bad light should their be an injustice, what do they profit or gain from it putting the country in proven bad light ?

Their is a lot of money in the pockets of Russian oligarchs, they’ll only get their man another title shot down the line, it is what it is deal with it don’t misconstrue it for no other purpose than what the media’s themselves would have you think of Russia.

Im not Russian and I'm rooting for the Ukrainian, but I’m not going around making baseless accusations.
        One Croatian player said after win against Russia "Glory to Ukraine". And suddenly in all Russian media there was so much hate towards the word Ukraine. You never been in Ukraine or Russia and knows nothing about the war in East Ukraine thats why you think that you are smart. But you are not in this case.

Comment

Get your popcorn ready!!!!!

Flip a coin because I can't call it.

I'm just going to enjoy it with a big smile on my face like I did watching the semi finals.

Comment

I pick Usyk too, by tko 11

Comment

Originally posted by Abovetheclouds View Post
              Get your popcorn ready!!!!!

Flip a coin because I can't call it.

I'm just going to enjoy it with a big smile on my face like I did watching the semi finals.
              It's going to be a very good fight but I can only see Gasiev win by KO while Usyk can win on points and KO.

Comment

One Croatian player said after win against Russia "Glory to Ukraine". And suddenly in all Russian media there was so much hate towards the word Ukraine. You never been in Ukraine or Russia and knows nothing about the war in East Ukraine thats why you think that you are smart. But you are not in this case.
                If I said glory to Russia in America in the super bowl final I’d expect blowback from US fans. I don’t see how that is in the least relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                  It's going to be a very good fight but I can only see Gasiev win by KO while Usyk can win on points and KO.
                  Yea I agree with you.

I think we'll see a KO.

In the 12th please!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                    Name some notable recent Russian robberies for us please.
                    Valuev - Holyfield.

Comment

IF Gassiev KOs Usyk then its all Usyk´s fault because he didn't prepare well for this fight and changes his trainer each year.
                      I posted this during the week after watching the WBSS video -
                      Looking forward to this fight for quite a while, glad it's nearly here.

I watched the WBSS video earlier to help get hyped for it, and one of the main things I took away from it is Usyks lack of an actual trainer, he mentions he didn't have the best camp for Briedis, said that his old trainer was a good man but that he wasn't really helping him improve etc, and by the sounds of it he never properly replaced that trainer, his substitute seems to be his cutman - who he doesn't refer to as trainer but instead as a supervisor - I know Uysk is an elite boxer but I do wonder how a lack of an actual trainer could affect the fight.

I may be reading too much into the lack of a trainer but it could come into play.

Comment

Working...
                      X