Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Demetrius Andrade Not Expected To Face Billy Joe Saunders Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The moment I knew Andrade was signed to Hearn I knew that the probably would not take the fight against BJS.

Hopefully I'm wrong but this ****ty promoters always want to keep their fighters winning easy fights, Shame, shame.

First declined Charlo, then he said he was not going to fight Lara and rather to look for another fight, after that he said no to Derevyanchenko and now seems like he won't fight BJS.

Was a fan of him because I think he is talented but I won't support cherrypicks, Andrade has done this to himself.

Comment

will this guy ever fight period?

Comment

The moment this fight was called I was like “Am going to wait and see how this plays out” because I knew if Andrade signs under Hearn that the BJS fight would be harder to make.

Comment

I knew Saunders and Adrade would not fight each other in spite of the order to fight. They are both good fighters and they are both cherry pickers who hate fighting good fighters. I'll bet Andrade fights another mediocre middleweight and not a legit top 15 contender.

Comment

People still gonna rank him in top 10 MW for no reason whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
              People still gonna rank him in top 10 MW for no reason whatsoever.
              How would you rank the top ten?

Comment

What a stunner!! Boo Boo won't be in a meaningful fight. Stop the presses.

Comment

I'm reminded one of Breadman's mailbags:

I read your response about Demetrius Andrade and I agree. I don’t think you overrate him. I think he’s a talented fighter and I think you recognize his obvious talents, as you should. But I have noticed something about him that you haven’t mentioned. Some label him as mismanaged. I have a degree in sports psychology and I will tell you. I don’t think Andrade is mismanaged. I think he’s making it look exactly how he wants it to look. He’s not in the position for big fights because he doesn’t want to be in the position to be big fights. I’ve seen this many times in my practice. I used to work for a professional basketball team that I can’t name but I know the signs. I’ve seen players who are intimidated by challenging themselves and they self sabotage their careers and make it look as if they are the victims of never getting a fair shake.

I believe Andrade is one of those fighters. I also believe Andrade was to retire undefeated and go down as a myth of greatness that never had the opportunity. I’m also well versed in sports law. If Andrade wanted to fight he wouldn’t keep resigning with the same promoters or management who are supposedly screwing him over. A contract does not extend your entire career and his has been 10 years so far. Andrade rinse and repeats his same scheme over and over. Fights and overwhelmed opponent, takes off in between fights. Screams that no one will fight him, without beating the kind of opponent that will garner him his opportunity, then after his layoff he comes back and fights the same level of opponent. If you observe closely Andrade struggles with his best opponents and therefore I believe he can’t deal with losing at the elite level. He would rather claim he’s blackballed or never got a chance. I agree with you he’s talented and he would give any of the top fighters a significant test but his mentality won’t allow him to be on the level many thinks he deserves.
                  https://www.boxingscene.com/daily-br...assiev--129562

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                    The moment I knew Andrade was signed to Hearn I knew that the probably would not take the fight against BJS.

Hopefully I'm wrong but this ****ty promoters always want to keep their fighters winning easy fights, Shame, shame.

First declined Charlo, then he said he was not going to fight Lara and rather to look for another fight, after that he said no to Derevyanchenko and now seems like he won't fight BJS.

Was a fan of him because I think he is talented but I won't support cherrypicks, Andrade has done this to himself.
                    Why not wait another week, fight Falcao (WBC#9) this Saturday on HBO to get some eyes on you & then sign with Matchroom/DAZN? Gotta be that Hearn vastly overpayed to sign before the "big announcement" this past week but Andrade keeps leveraging his future while at the same time passing up on exposure & more money down the road. I understood the move if it gets him closer to a title shot with BJS, but if this fight falls through as well...WBO didn't even give the order until after he dropped out of Falcao so pretty sure he'd still have gotten BJS next if desired had he simply stayed with DeGuardia. Money for nothing, Ridiculous. My guess: he'll fight Sulecki (WBA#7) in Chicago for the Polish contingent (& very possibly loses anyway).

BJS gets by another top challenger. No Khurtsidze, Jacobs(x2) & now perhaps Andrade. Three defenses in 3 years, the guy's living well.
                    Last edited by S7V7N; 07-18-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

The WBO mandated Saunders vs Andrade.

It should happen now, don't let promoter bullshit ruin a good fight between two world class boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X