Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: The Offer To Deontay Wilder Will NOT Be Improving!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
    Why is it that you believe Wilder's only motivation is money? Joshua is not willing to earn a cent less than he believes he deserves, but he is not motivated by money? You spelled it out in your post. Joshua & Hearn would rather fight up-and-coming Brits, at home, without having to deal with dangerous foreigners who could upset the applecart by completely removing all the titles from Hearn's greedy clutches. Stop supporting Hearn's unethical business practices, start supporting boxing. It's not unpatriotic for you to want the best to fight the best.
    AJ hasnt fought a Brit since Whyte lol...

American. - world champion
    American. - current WBC mandatory
    American - former wilder opponent
    Ukrainian - living HW legend
    French / African - mandatory
    New Zealander - world champion

But yes... Eddie just wants AJ to feast on British HW bums. Did you not know the April fight is against Dave Allen??

Moron.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      So what guarantee did Wilder have that the fight was going to take place this year? Perhaps some time in the Fall and not some 10 months later in April of 2019 because the language was certainly not in the contract Matchroom boxing sent. That is why Shelly Finkel requested a revision.
      It was in the contract that it would be next.

Why the hell would he talk to HBO, Showtime, DAZN about putting the fight on in October/November if the plan all along was not to fight Wilder? Why would he be exploring booking opportunities with the Principality Stadium? Why would he, technically, make Wilder 3 fight offers? Why would he defraud the WBA by asking for almost 2 months of extensions to put off the mandatory to make a unification fight for the next year? Why would he tell Povetkins handlers to wait 3 months before sealing a deal for their fighter whilst he strongarms Wilder into a fight for next year? Why would he defraud Haymon and Finkel when he's trying to break into the US market?

Think about it man. He would have opened himself up to many lawsuits if this conspiracy theory was true. Wilder had the contract to sign and Finkel publically stated he would send it back, without clarifying it was signed, after holding it for 11 days.

The WBA waited for 7 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
        Why is it that you believe Wilder's only motivation is money? Joshua is not willing to earn a cent less than he believes he deserves, but he is not motivated by money? You spelled it out in your post. Joshua & Hearn would rather fight up-and-coming Brits, at home, without having to deal with dangerous foreigners who could upset the applecart by completely removing all the titles from Hearn's greedy clutches. Stop supporting Hearn's unethical business practices, start supporting boxing. It's not unpatriotic for you to want the best to fight the best.
        Everything that have seen so far tells me that. If you support boxing then you wouldn’t type the rubbish that you typed above.

Comment

It’s ok Hearn wilder never wanted to the fight or unify he’s all talk he just a fraud paper champion

Comment

Again get those belts off Joshua, money should not be Wilder sole motivation, that would come later. And it’s not like he is being offered peanuts. He has been offered something that I personally don’t think he deserves based pure on his resume. I believe he beats Joshua, that’s why I want him to forget about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
              It was in the contract that it would be next.

Why the hell would he talk to HBO, Showtime, DAZN about putting the fight on in October/November if the plan all along was not to fight Wilder? Why would he be exploring booking opportunities with the Principality Stadium? Why would he, technically, make Wilder 3 fight offers? Why would he defraud the WBA by asking for almost 2 months of extensions to put off the mandatory to make a unification fight for the next year? Why would he tell Povetkins handlers to wait 3 months before sealing a deal for their fighter whilst he strongarms Wilder into a fight for next year? Why would he defraud Haymon and Finkel when he's trying to break into the US market?

Think about it man. He would have opened himself up to many lawsuits if this conspiracy theory was true. Wilder had the contract to sign and Finkel publically stated he would send it back, without clarifying it was signed, after holding it for 11 days.

The WBA waited for 7 weeks.
              How because he said so? Talking to different television networks about hosting events on several particular dates don't mean anything if it is not in writing. That is what makes me and other boxing fans suspicious of their motives here. Why couldn't they have been more specific instead of just leaving the venue and date on the contract blank as opposed to putting it in writing? That sounds like fraud to me and that's why Wilder didn't sign it and Hell I couldn't have blamed him. I wouldn't have signed it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Again get those belts off Joshua, money should not be Wilder sole motivation, that would come later. And it’s not like he is being offered peanuts. He has been offered something that I personally don’t think he deserves based pure on his resume. I believe he beats Joshua, that’s why I want him to forget about the money.
                He knocked back a contract that would, if he could beat Joshua away and then at home, would've seen him hold every heavyweight belt, with no further obligations and he would've banked close to $40m in the process.

That was the first one he knocked back, the second offered him more.

Comment

In other words, we'll duck him forever..bum ass joshua hiding behind his promoter

Comment

Zelenoff needs to show up in gym and do few sparring matches with Wilder. may be then Deontay's stocks rise a bit up.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      How because he said so? Talking to different television networks about hosting events on several particular dates don't mean anything if it is not in writing. That is what makes me and other boxing fans suspicious of their motives here. Why couldn't they have been more specific instead of just leaving the venue and date on the contract blank as opposed to putting it in writing? That sounds like fraud to me and that's why Wilder didn't sign it and Hell I couldn't have blamed him. I wouldn't have signed it either.
                      Because the date and venue wasn't signed, sealed and delivered in writing to be able to put it in the contract when Wilder wasn't requested. This isn't unusual. Many fighters have signed contracts to fight on dates and venues which were confirmed later on.

Finkel didn't even ask for that to be in the contract initially, he only asked whether Wilder is next for Joshua. Hearn's reply was yes. He stated that was the term in the contract.

Finkel then says he's going to send the contract back, unsigned, 5 days later. It's clear slow walking.

Comment

Working...
                      X