Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Povetkin Officially Announced; 9/22 at Wembley Stadium

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Yeah, that's what Wilder did. He's fought only Ortiz and Stiverne in 40 fights. It's pathetic isn't it? Joshua is showing him how it's done by cleaning out the division and fighting all the best guys in only 21 fights while Wilder fights complete bums. Shows you who the true champ is. You're judged by your deeds and not your words. And words is all Wilder has.
    The problem is none of the "best guys" are very good. AJ and Wilder are both mediocre when compared to some of the heavyweights from the past. Yet they are the cream of the crop at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... a very accurate observation...
      Not if you know all the facts. Hearn booked the Sep 22nd Wembley date months ago and it would have been good for either Povetkin or Wilder. Except that GGG vs Canelo ended up being rescheduled for Sept 15th and Showtime intended to screen AJ vs Wilder in the US as a PPV.

So while Sept 22nd was still ok for AJ vs Povetkin, it would not have been ok for AJ vs Wilder because of the clash with the GGG/Canelo PPV event.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Not if you know all the facts. Hearn booked the Sep 22nd Wembley date months ago and it would have been good for either Povetkin or Wilder. Except that GGG vs Canelo ended up being rescheduled for Sept 15th and Showtime intended to screen AJ vs Wilder in the US as a PPV.

So while Sept 22nd was still ok for AJ vs Povetkin, it would not have been ok for AJ vs Wilder because of the clash with the GGG/Canelo PPV event.
        I wouldn't look for an argument... but isn't AJ vs Povetkin a PPV on Sky in the UK, and on DAZN in the US?... and wasn't AJ vs Wilder planned to be the same?...

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          And his fanboys are considered too ****** to be taken seriously. This comment illustrates why.
          I'm just a fan of serious prizefights. Povetkin has been finished as a serious contender for years. Price illustrated that. Wilder should intrigue any reasonable imagination. But he's dismissed somewhat like Larry Holmes was. AJ is no Ali but is marketed like one.

Comment

Originally posted by cally93 View Post
            Lmfao you’re funny...
            If you’re not being sarcastic then that’s a tough logic to follow.

I mean if that is the case why has Joshua had two unifications and fought way better opposition than Wilder in half the amount of fights he’s had?

Why did it take over 33 fights for Wilder to fight someone with a pulse?

Why did Wilder duck Klitschko? and in the words of Shelly Finley was still a ‘baby’ after 33 fights who wasn’t ready to fight Wlad LOL

Why has Wilder been protected by his team and the WBC for years, if he’s this killer that everyone’s afraid off?

Bottom line is this fight has to happen in the UK, all this 50mill US talk is garbage imo (from both teams) if Canelo doesn’t make that money then there’s no way a PPV between two guys who no one knows in the US market does big numbers.
            It’s all smoke and you guys have fallen for the trap badly.
            Is Canelo pray tell advised and managed by Al Haymon who helped orchestrated the largest grossing bout in the history of boxing; Both at the live gate and on Pay Per View with May vs Pac in 2015 in Las Vegas? The answer is no. He is not.

In addition, your facts are wrong. Deontay did indeed requested a bout with Wladimir for boxing's undisputed heavyweight champion of the world; Just to be turned down by him because he said Wilder had to raise his level of opposition.

Lastly, the $50 Mil offer was real. Eddie Hearn wanted them to provide proof of the funds and he even confirmed that the funds were there and that the offer was real. So what was AJ's excuse then? "Give me $50 mil and I'll sign to fight tomorrow" is what Joshua said. However just as Lennox Lewis had stated, when they showed AJ the money. "Joshua has changed his tune".
            Last edited by champion4ever; 07-16-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              Is Canelo pray tell advised and managed by Al Haymon who helped orchestrated the largest grossing bout in the history of boxing; Both at the live gate and on Pay Per View with May vs Pac in 2015 in Las Vegas? The answer is no. He is not.

In addition, your facts are wrong. Deontay did indeed requested a bout with Wladimir for boxing's undisputed heavyweight champion of the world; Just to be turned down by him because he said Wilder had to raise his level of opposition.

Lastly, the $50 Mil offer was real. Eddie Hearn wanted them to provide proof of the funds and he even confirmed that the funds were there and that the offer was real. So what was AJ's excuse then? "Give me $50 mil and I'll sign to fight tomorrow" is what Joshua said. However just as Lennox Lewis had stated, when they showed AJ the money. "Joshua has changed his tune".
              You compare the AJ/Wilder with a fight that arrived 5 years too late, a fight between the two biggest PPV draws in the U.S a fight between two HoF fighters,,,unbelievable.

As for Wilder not ducking Wlad,,sorry wrong

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-not-rushed-klitschko-says-finkel--86714

That’s articles when Wilder was 33-0, read it bro, Shelly Finkel’s words will astound you. also why didn’t Wilder try to unify with Parker?

Also in regard to Al Haymon (who I’m a big fan off) I know he has backers with deep pockets, but notice how he has remained anonymous during these negotiations? it’s just Hearn and Finkel hyping,

If you sat Hearn and Haymon together in a room I have no doubts this fight would get made quickly, they done business many many times before.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                I wouldn't look for an argument... but isn't AJ vs Povetkin a PPV on Sky in the UK, and on DAZN in the US?... and wasn't AJ vs Wilder planned to be the same?...
                AJ vs Povetkin will be PPV in the UK but it won't lose any money to GGG vs Canelo over here.

Dazn launches in the US in Sept with the start of the second WBSS series as the headliner, and it looks like AJ vs Povetkin will now be added to that package.

But if AJ had fought Wilder in Sept it would almost certainly have been screened on Showtime as a PPV in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
                  I'm just a fan of serious prizefights. Povetkin has been finished as a serious contender for years. Price illustrated that. Wilder should intrigue any reasonable imagination. But he's dismissed somewhat like Larry Holmes was. AJ is no Ali but is marketed like one.
                  Price, in case you forgot, landed just one good punch on Povetkin in 4 rounds, then left the ring on a stretcher about 3 minutes later!

Povetkin has looked a hell of a lot better in his last 2 or 3 fights than Ortiz looked before he fought Wilder, and look what happened there.

Comment

Ehh........

Comment

Should be an interesting fight.

I hope we see some fireworks...

Comment

Working...
                      X