Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Shocking] Tommy Hearns has a net worth of $50,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is true. I remember him filing for bankruptcy several years ago as he was forced to auction off several of his possessions in order to satisfy a debt to the IRS.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      First off it's Manny Steward. Secondly, Hearn pays his trainer not the other way around so Steward didn't have access Hearn's money.
      Steward was his manager for several years too. I am not blaming Manny but those are the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
        So that makes you think Manny stole from him? You seem to be talking out of your ass here.
        I,ll tell you a little story.

Back in 86 an aussie fighter Wilf Gentzen went over to the states trained and fought under Steward for just the 1 fight, from memory Wilf trained there for about a mth, Wilfs purse was something like 300 bucks.

Manny was always giving Wilf an excuse of why he couldn't pay him, like I haven't got my cheque book will catch up tomorrow, well tomorrow never came.

Not long after Wilf was home sick and came back to Aus, Manny was WilF if you stay with me I will make you a WC, nope he was home sick and left the country.

For years Wilf tried to get his 300 and was ignored and or blown off.

Well in 90 Steward came to Aus with Dennis Andries to fight Jeff Harding at the Rod Laver Arena , Wilf confronted him in the foyer after the weigh-in and with no where to go and a scene brewing as Wilf wasn't leaving quietly Manny pulled out 300 and paid him. I met Michael Moorer that day he was in the group that came over for the fight, I found he was cool guy to talk too.

Would millionaire Stewart rip a fighter off, make up your own mind, I know what Wilf would say.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/32919

Comment

hey 50K is alot of money.

If he has his house paid off that 50K should be able to keep him afloat till he gets a job.

Comment

Not sure why Manny name was brought into it. This isn’t a secret that Hearn is or was broke.

Comment

He can write an autobiography. And I think it can sell very well.

Comment

Dumb thread.

It doesnt matter how much youve made; if you're used to making millions of dollars and living a certain lifestyle, and then one day you wake up and it's "Hey its all over. Whatever you have now you have to make last to support yourself and your family until you die," it would be a difficult position no matter how prepared you think you are. Because in life, it's always something; your Mom got sick, the stock or housing market tanked, your money manager makes some unlucky choices, etc.

And you're only in your 30s. 40 tops. There's no working your way back into the black... once its gone its gone. How many could do it? Let alone pro athletes with no education? I'd bet many college graduates would go broke too. It's not like CEOs who can always go get a job if they need to and work until theyre 60+.... boxers have no transferable skills and up up bagging groceries like Bobby Cyzy.... a pro boxer who made millions and also has an insanely high IQ..... still broke, still bagging groceries.
                Last edited by paulf; 07-13-2018, 01:15 AM.

Comment

You seriously blame this on Manny Steward? One of the most genuine people in the sport? This is just sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    You seriously blame this on Manny Steward? One of the most genuine people in the sport? This is just sick.
                    not even tommy himself mentions manny

his ''entourage'' did it to him along with the irs.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      hey 50K is alot of money.

If he has his house paid off that 50K should be able to keep him afloat till he gets a job.
                      if he had his house paid off, that house value would be part of the 50k net worth

Comment

Working...
                      X