Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Shocking] Tommy Hearns has a net worth of $50,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone gets blamed but the boxer themselves. Yawn.

Comment

Fighters blow money, heck, people blow money. Do you know how many lottery winners end up broke after a couple years.
      Steward was a trainer that cared for his fighters like family. I doubt he would do anything wrong to them.

Comment

Hearns reportedly made $11 million for the SRL rematch and Stewart got a healthy cut as both trainer and manager.

Comment

This doesn't mean that he's poor. Net worth is basically assets minus your liabilities. If you're paying your bills then you can even be in the negative in terms of your assets. He could have a fund where he only gets a certain amount a year to last the rest of his life, who knows. As far as Steward, I don't speak on the dead. Armchairs shouldn't either.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
            Hearns reportedly made $11 million for the SRL rematch and Stewart got a healthy cut as both trainer and manager.
            So that makes you think Manny stole from him? You seem to be talking out of your ass here.

Comment

He has no one to blame but himself. Look at Floyd and manny for example both had tax issues. Look at Floyd burning through money with stupid purchases. They get used to the lifestyle they had when they were active. It sucks to see any athlete who made tens of millions end up like this but the vast majority of boxers do. He has a name so hopefully he gets some help with how to turn that $50k into $500 k

Comment

How the hell did this happen?

Clearly Manny Stewart was taking millions from him and milking him for far too much. It's disgusting one of the greatest 147lbers ever is worth as much as the average middle class American when he made tens of millions in his career.

Try not to speak ill of the dead but **** Stewart for stealing from the Hit Man.
                You don't know that Steward was stealing from Hearns. Hearns has never said a bad word about him that I know about.Lots of boxers who made millions end up with little because they are big spenders who never save or invest their money. No boxer ever accused Steward of cheating them and I don't think he cheated anyone.

Comment

Taking his agreed upon share is not cheating or stealing. You seem bound and determined to turn him into a crook even though there is zero evidence that he was dishonest.

Comment

''I'm very sad today, but I'm going to fulfil my obligations to the IRS," he told the newspaper. "Some of my robes were from my fights with Leonard and Duran and Hagler. I have to do what I can. They (the IRS) have been very good to me. This will turn out all right. When you owe, you must pay."
                    The auction - which included gloves, trophies, championship belts, household furnishings and vehicles - put a big dent in his debt. And it gave Hearns, who earned an estimated $40 million en route to being named by The Ring as the greatest junior middleweight in boxing history, a new lease on life.
                    Saviour
                    "I made a lot of money, but as a man who had a large family, people looked at me as their saviour," he said.
                    "I tried to help them by giving. It didn't stop. I'm the big brother - I give and give. But I learned my lesson. Of course, when it's time for people to give back to you, they're long gone."
                    ~quoted form some other boxing site

https://www.eurosport.com/boxing/tho...39/story.shtml

''Thomas Hearns: An All Too Familiar Story''

no mention of him being ripped off (unless it was his own family).

Comment

all those fans who he entertained should start a gofundme campaign.

Comment

Working...
                      X