Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury to Fight Francesco Pianeta on August 18 in Belfast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still not sure how Pianetea beat Duhaupas back in the day, have never seen any footage of that one, curious how that fight went

Comment

I fcuking hate *****s.

Comment

It's not a headline fight and it's only 4 weeks away.

No problem with it as long as he fights once or twice more this year.

Comment

It's a business decision and a good one, Tyson Fury may never be as good as he was, who knows? (And tbh I think AJ and Wilder beat him on his best day)

A big money fight probably preferably against AJ is his goal, Warrens too so why risk it beforehand. I can't see him fighting anyone decent until he gets that payday. Too much risk.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            Yeah, I saw the second half of that fight, wasn't that impressed with Milas
            Neither was i but he had a good engine, threw a lot of punches & looked to be able to throw from both stances. There were a lot of arm punches & he kept his hands low but he moved a lot & wasn’t easy to hit cleanly in either fight. He outworked Pianeta & Kingpin. The Kingpin stoppage was from a bad cut early in the fight. It was an unintentional headbutt In the 3rd i think & then he fought on until it was stopped in the 8th. He did drop Kingpin in the 5th with a good left hook but it was more of a nicely timed hook as kingpin was wiping blood from his eye & never saw it coming...

Comment

Knew it would be this route but its still underwhelming

Comment

Looks like Imma go 50-0 before Fury or Joshua find the balls to challenge me.

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
                  Excuse me, isn't that inconsistent for somebody who claims to be the greatest HW right now? For whom Wilder, AJ and Parker are just bums? Put up or shut up. I always thought that Fury's standards for himself are very low. He talks much about his win over Wlad, but the reality was it was Wlad's off night for whatever reason. Fury isn't that amazing to look Wlad like a paralyzed amateur, which he was. Fury did nothing since then to prove unquestionably he is at the top level even though he did well against Klitschko. The jury is still out there, IMO.
                  It's all about confidence and belief, Fury believes he is the best and I believe him..... now that isn't to say he could beat them without tune up fights ffs.

The Wlad had an off night excuse is lame as ****, Fury beat him mentally before the bell rang, and Klitschko could not get his jab going, Fury took it away.

Fury has top level skills, only casuals don't see it. It's all about sharpening the tools right now, I've no doubt he will get back soon and be competitive with the best in the division very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    Yeah well Klitschko wasn’t hanging out at the pub drinking all day, snorting coke & putting on 100lbs. Klitschko is in shape 365 days a year. You can’t really compare the 2.
                    Agreed. Exactly my point...you can't compare the two. One of them is HOF for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                      It's all about confidence and belief, Fury believes he is the best and I believe him..... now that isn't to say he could beat them without tune up fights ffs.

The Wlad had an off night excuse is lame as ****, Fury beat him mentally before the bell rang, and Klitschko could not get his jab going, Fury took it away.

Fury has top level skills, only casuals don't see it. It's all about sharpening the tools right now, I've no doubt he will get back soon and be competitive with the best in the division very soon.
                      You always believe people who say they are amazing? It works, I see that. Works for politicians, why won't it work for boxers, right?

Given Klitschko's history of losses - no, I don't think this is a lame excuse. Add to that 10 years of dominance in the division, which must add to natural complacency and general lack of hunger (I'm surprised it hasn't happened earlier), his wife's post-patum depression at the time, which would affect anyone who cares about his better half...yeah, I believe it was an off night for him. He was just way too bad on the night to give all the credit to Fury. And, btw, I don't take the credit from Fury (to the extent he deserves it), he beat him fair and square. It is unfortunate Fury had a depression and they never had a definitive rematch.

What Fury does now though is a travesty. I get he is rusty and lost a lot of weight. For a true champ it should mean top 40 or 50 HW, if you are super generous. Fine. For the second fight top 20. For the third top 15, if you really want to stretch it. But not Seferi, mind you, and this dude, whose last six opponents have only one who has a Wikipedia page. And 2 losses btw. And no rankings to speak of. He is tall. Yeah, fabulous attribute. Raise your standards, man. I guarantee you Tony Bellew would give Fury a ton of problems in his second fight and they know it, that's why Fury only does the blabbing into the camera instead of to Tony's face with the gloves on.

Comment

Working...
                      X