Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury to Fight Francesco Pianeta on August 18 in Belfast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarybodyshot View Post
    The guy needs to stop bragging about being the Ring Magazine Champion and avoided fighter. Putting instagram videos up saying he'd sign for Wilder. Typical of the travelling community - Lie, cheat, steal and con as many people as they can get away with. Hopefully he'll spiral out of control again
    You need to shut the fùck up hater and buy my book. Info in my sig.

Comment

if kevin johnson stopped him then fury ko

Comment

Well, a good opponent for a snail-paced comeback. I will reduce this to a confidence building bout

Comment

Originally posted by alexjust View Post
          Interesting flexibility when it comes to the champ you like. Would you afford the same flexibility to the former champ you don't like?

But anyway, Fury wasn't force fed, was he? Nobody forced him to do cocaine or drink like a horse either. Its not Danny Jacobs situation, where I'd have all the sympathy in the world for the guy. Fury's depression has exacerbated his drinking and lack of discipline, not created it. It makes a big difference, IMO.

And i didn't say top 10 guy, did I? I said top 40-50, which you seem to have overlooked for some reason. Than't not even close to the "top level", isn't it? But he didn't even have confidence to do that. That's the problem. He wants to take it "easy" - fine, but that "easy" needs to be in context of a combat sport. And in the context of a lineal, 4 belt champion, who believes he is the best thing ever in boxing. You can't have it both ways. And how much crap did Haye take for the choice of his opponents? Rightly so. So should Fury.
          I'd give any one a bit of leeway after what Fury has went through, there is no flexibility from me until you see me criticising another boxer in similar circumstance.

It's beside the point whether he done it to himself or not, the fact is he done it, and can't be expected to rush back. He told everyone he would fight 4 times this year gradually stepping up. He's fighting while losing weight and not being in prime condition. It will take him 4 fights in a row and back-to-back camps to get back in shape and fight ready.

He will fight a top ten guy when he is at optimum weight, who cares if he beats up some bums until he gets there? in the space of a few months as well. It's not like he's fighting them 3-6 months apart. It wouldn't surprise me if he fights a top ten in his 4th fight back, less than 6 months after he returns.... that's not bad at all.

Keep doubting Fury though, it will make it all the sweeter when he's at 100% by the end of the year and ranked in the top 10.... ready to take on the champs by early next year.

Comment

Working...
          X