No announcement yet.

is the WBA about to screw thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
    That was a very good win but now he's on the bum tour. Crying about no good opponents yet when one appears he doesn't want it yet, says he's got other business to take care of. And Crawford's a damn joke, he should be kicking arums door down trying to get the Spence fight, not sitting there like some dopey mothet****er whilst his prime years disappear.
    I agree that Crawford should be pissed. I thought him having to fight on the app while Loma fought on regular ESPN was a sign Crawford should take as he is not the preferred choice of TR. That is IMO why Mikey left.

No boxer wants to be cotto and be forced to defend their title at a CW against your own promoter's favorite fighter.

Spence just defended against the mando to get that out of the way. I think he is going to fight the danny/porter winner next since Thurman is still out. I am holding out hope that Crawford fights the mattysse/Manny winner.

If we get those fights next that isn't bad at all and sets up the Crawford/Spence fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I agree that Crawford should be pissed. I thought him having to fight on the app while Loma fought on regular ESPN was a sign Crawford should take as he is not the preferred choice of TR. That is IMO why Mikey left.

No boxer wants to be cotto and be forced to defend their title at a CW against your own promoter's favorite fighter.

Spence just defended against the mando to get that out of the way. I think he is going to fight the danny/porter winner next since Thurman is still out. I am holding out hope that Crawford fights the mattysse/Manny winner.

If we get those fights next that isn't bad at all and sets up the Crawford/Spence fight.
      No chance the porter / Garcia winner is gonna fight spemce straight after. Which isn't Spence fault but I have no.sympathy if he's not gonna show any interest in fighting a p4p level.fighter

Comment

I felt like Keith just lose the desire to work the way he did. I think he probably made more money than he expected, got soft and fell in love so boxing took a backseat. Most women know they are second to things they cannot compete with.

Keith just seems like he has no more desire to fight.

Comment

No chance the porter / Garcia winner is gonna fight spemce straight after. Which isn't Spence fault but I have no.sympathy if he's not gonna show any interest in fighting a p4p level.fighter
          We don't know that.

What p4p level opponent is out there right now? Thurman is hurt and avoiding him. Crawford just fought. Manny is fighting Matthysse. Porter and Garcia are fighting.

Is there any other top 15-20 p4p level opponent available at ww?

Comment

We don't know that.

What p4p level opponent is out there right now? Thurman is hurt and avoiding him. Crawford just fought. Manny is fighting Matthysse. Porter and Garcia are fighting.

Is there any other top 15-20 p4p level opponent available at ww?
            He should.be calling out Crawford and demanding the fight. Simple as that. It's a joke that their.fans give them a free pass yet they crucify 'Anthony johnson'

Comment

He should.be calling out Crawford and demanding the fight. Simple as that. It's a joke that their.fans give them a free pass yet they crucify 'Anthony johnson'
              we've gone over that. history shows us that a unification fight isn't usually going to happen right after one guy wins his title, especially if that guy has only had 1 fight in the division.

you are only obsessing over this fight being next because you are still mad that people questioned GGG's resume. It feels like you keep calling for this as a way of getting back at those posters because you assume they are Spence and/or Crawford fans.

I agree that we want to see both Spence and Crawford fight top guys. Fighting the jesse Vargases and and Jesse Benavidezes of the world right now is not what we want.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                lol you are the biggest hater I've seen on this forum. Well done sir.
                No1's a bigger hater than Mammoth.

Comment

we've gone over that. history shows us that a unification fight isn't usually going to happen right after one guy wins his title, especially if that guy has only had 1 fight in the division.

you are only obsessing over this fight being next because you are still mad that people questioned GGG's resume. It feels like you keep calling for this as a way of getting back at those posters because you assume they are Spence and/or Crawford fans.

I agree that we want to see both Spence and Crawford fight top guys. Fighting the jesse Vargases and and Jesse Benavidezes of the world right now is not what we want.
                  its not my way of getting back at them. if one of them was banging down the door for a fight with the other one i'd give them credit, but they are both happy in their comfort zone. i get the impression spence thinks hes done the hard work now that hes beat brook and he can dine out on that win for a while. lomachenko didnt **** about when he moved up, he called out linares straight away and got the fight. there was no problems with their promoters getting that fight on. I sound anti american (i think its a great country and obviously the best boxing nation of all time) but honestly much of your current set of boxers are a sorry bunch- no doubt gifted and talented but basically see a bunch of undefeated guys who are moved slowly and very very rarely take a risk then cry about not being stars. fair play to someone like hurd whos getting stuck in to the best fights available.

Comment

its not my way of getting back at them. if one of them was banging down the door for a fight with the other one i'd give them credit, but they are both happy in their comfort zone. i get the impression spence thinks hes done the hard work now that hes beat brook and he can dine out on that win for a while. lomachenko didnt **** about when he moved up, he called out linares straight away and got the fight. there was no problems with their promoters getting that fight on. I sound anti american (i think its a great country and obviously the best boxing nation of all time) but honestly much of your current set of boxers are a sorry bunch- no doubt gifted and talented but basically see a bunch of undefeated guys who are moved slowly and very very rarely take a risk then cry about not being stars. fair play to someone like hurd whos getting stuck in to the best fights available.
                    Come on now. You give Loma credit for Linares but if that was Floyd or Tank, you'd label it as "ducking Berchelt and Machado" or "leaving the division while it was heating up". Let's not act like there wasn't some controversy before the fight got signed either.

You do a dirty little 2 step daily-on the one hand you will criticize Spence and Crawford for not fighting the "best" so yu wan them to fight each other next.

Then in other threads if someone claims they are the best you will disagree and point out that there are other ww's that have better wins and that them fighting each other doesn't necessarily give us the best ww.

You seem to find a way to criticize the American fighter(s) regardless of the situation, context or facts.

Comment

Come on now. You give Loma credit for Linares but if that was Floyd or Tank, you'd label it as "ducking Berchelt and Machado" or "leaving the division while it was heating up". Let's not act like there wasn't some controversy before the fight got signed either.

You do a dirty little 2 step daily-on the one hand you will criticize Spence and Crawford for not fighting the "best" so yu wan them to fight each other next.

Then in other threads if someone claims they are the best you will disagree and point out that there are other ww's that have better wins and that them fighting each other doesn't necessarily give us the best ww.

You seem to find a way to criticize the American fighter(s) regardless of the situation, context or facts.
                      absolute rubbish. no agenda whatsoever, fact is fighters from other countries seem to be willing to take risks earlier in their career. look at a lot of the europeans and where they are in a small numnber of fights compared to many of the americans. usyk champ in like 10 fights, lomachenko challenging for world title in 2 fights, beterbiev beating someone like cloud after a few fights, taylor challenging postol early, joshua overtaking wilder in less than half the fights, joyce looking for a fringe world level fighter after a handful of bouts. thats why boxing is buzzing over here as opposed to america where youve got crawford in his early 30s saying 'the times not right' wilder saying hes not ready for wlad after 32 or so fights, tank saying he wont be rushed, miller turning down pulev, charlos fighting noone. again its not ALL of the americans but its a lot of them who seem risk adverse and i think thats why boxing seems to be at its lowest point in america. spence and crawfords attitude just about sums it up

Comment

Working...
                      X