Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: I'm Ready To Trade Punches With Canelo Until The End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Fear? So much fear that he's fighting him again You must be new to boxing, how many times have fighters talked crap about knocking someone out and the fight didn't go anyway they said it would? It's called promoting a fight man. Just like they are doing now. Canelo used movement and was trying to counter in the first fight, so yes, that's called a "game plan." I know a lot of you are disappointed that the fight wasn't some toe to toe back and forth brawl, but this is boxing. If you don't like actual boxing then follow another sport. Or just stop watching Canelo or any other fighter who doesn't pander to the way you want them to fight
    Well done sir

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
      Canelo might stop Golovkin. GGG was rocked by a Vanes jab in the 1st round I believe.
      you're being delusional. GGG never got rocked you are seeing what you want to see.

Comment

• Canelo needs a game plan that makes sense. Running to the ropes and not fighting for long stretches in the fight was a disaster.

Comment

• No doubt nelo looked good in the rounds he won. In my opinion he only won 4, 5 if you want to be generous. G is slowing down & he should have gone to Nelos body when he had the chance, but I still thought he won the fight. I also think Nelo who moved more in this fight than any of his previous fights & at a heavier weight, likely had clen in his system to assist with his past stamina issues. I just want a good (clean) action packed rematch with a conclusive result, may the best man win!

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            He can get that with Jermall Charlo.
            That would be an interesting fight but what will happen when Charlo gets clipped? Will he continue to trade with GGG or will he change his game plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Alvarez is a counter puncher by nature. So he did what made him most comfortable. There are multiple other reasons why he wouldn't "follow" Golovkin such as "lack foot speed" and "stamina". He also wouldn't want to get baited and hit.
              While I do agree on you on the stamina argument, I don't believe Canelo is naturally a counter puncher. He's skilled enough to fight that way, but it's not his natural style, like Cotto. When I see him backing up for several rounds, he doesn't look like he's in his comfort zone.

Besides, pure counter punchers like Floyd press forward when it's the best option to win the fight (ie Floyd vs Canelo). Even Canelo did so against Khan and Lara.

I honestly believe Canelo has a shot to beat GGG if he's more willing to trade and press forward. If he does more of the same and GGG goes guns blazing from the get go this time around, Canelo may either win by an unexpected KO or via an expected robbery on the cards IMO. Unless you're right on the counter puncher argument, there's no way he effectively pulls a run and gun for 12 rounds (unless you're right on the counter puncher argument, of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                Because I saw the fight
                So did the press, analysts, fighters and fans. Most saw GGG put pressure on Canelo, causing him to tire out and run around for several rounds. Why do you think the great majority of them had GGG ahead?

Saying Canelo gassing out had nothing to do with the pressure his opponent put in him is ridiculous.

Comment

• ... people here display the tendency of assessing the outcome of the rematch based on the first fight...
                  ... no way!... the first one was a blatant fix with a view to the rematch and/or trilogy!...
                  ... therefore...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... people here display the tendency of assessing the outcome of the rematch based on the first fight...
                    ... no way!... the first one was a blatant fix with a view to the rematch and/or trilogy!...
                    ... therefore...
                    Absolutely true. The first fight’s outcome was determined at the prefight negotiating table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                      Canelo might stop Golovkin. GGG was rocked by a Vanes jab in the 1st round I believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X