Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re watching Mayweather Hatton

Just turned it on.

I want to see something

This was the fight that got me into boxing.

The build up was insane.

I watched boxing before, but this did it.

Comment

The fight might as well have never happened, Cortez ruined it. I had a bet with my father in law, he being from Manchester took Hatton. I refused to collect.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        The fight might as well have never happened, Cortez ruined it. I had a bet with my father in law, he being from Manchester took Hatton. I refused to collect.
        If you understand that Hatton was bull rushing and smothering himself you would understand he was so scared to give Floyd room, Hattons own corner told him he was smothering himself end of 3rd I think it was, may have been after the second but its heard plain as day.

Just a little bit of distance and Floyd owned him, Maidana did the same thing and was let go and got a messy ugly fight where amateurs think Floyd was in trouble, if you got a strong guy charging you it don't mean he is winning, this is boxing not wrestling or MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          If you understand that Hatton was bull rushing and smothering himself you would understand he was so scared to give Floyd room, Hattons own corner told him he was smothering himself end of 3rd I think it was, may have been after the second but its heard plain as day.

Just a little bit of distance and Floyd owned him, Maidana did the same thing and was let go and got a messy ugly fight where amateurs think Floyd was in trouble, if you got a strong guy charging you it don't mean he is winning, this is boxing not wrestling or MMA.
          It's how Hatton fights everyone. If you are going to fight him you should have to fight the same Hatton everyone else did, not bring in a ref to protect you from him. Like I said, the fight might as well have not happened.

Only a little different from pretending that Floyd/McGregor was a real fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

The build up was insane.

Fun build up and fun fight.

This was the fight that really announced Floyd to the UK casual audience.

The Hatton fight and KO was an important piece of his career.

Comment

When floyd cracks him and Hattons head bounces off the corner then he goes down. Very memorable moment.

Comment

It's how Hatton fights everyone. If you are going to fight him you should have to fight the same Hatton everyone else did, not bring in a ref to protect you from him. Like I said, the fight might as well have not happened.

This sounds like a bunch of excuses. Hatton was criticized for his rough housing tactics for years. In the Tszyu fight Hatton was allowed to do almost anything and broke the rules countless times.

Cortez was trying to keep the fight clean and obviously Hatton was incapable of doing anything else but rough housing. Although I will agree that Cortez was a little too quick to break them up in the first 2 rounds, in round 3 and onward he let Hatton fight Floyd from close range and Hatton was getting his ass handed to him in the pocket. Hatton even said when he clinched with Floyd that Floyd felt bigger and stronger than he had anticipated, he also said Floyd was a better inside fighter than he thought.

If they had a rematch, I can 100 percent guarantee you Floyd would have still won.

Comment

Dude Hatton was smothering himself, would get on the inside and do nothing. Meanwhile Floyd had success on the inside. Hatton should of went to work right away but he wanted to wrestle more than showing any work on the inside. Floyd went right to work. Hatton himself said it surprised him cause Floyd was stronger than he thought he would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

The build up was insane.

I always knew you didn’t know **** about boxing but this bum fight from 07 got you into boxing? Smh noooob

Comment

Working...
                    X