Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Admits Itch To Return Comes, Then Evaporates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Andre knew when to hang them up

Comment

The 2nd Kov fight was a blowout and the first one, was very tight. No need for a 3rd, he would beat Kovalev easier. The monster is no longer a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        In 2017, former two division world champion Andre Ward (32-0, 16 KOs), 34 years old, announced his retirement from the sport. Ward's last fight came in June of last year, when he picked up an eight round stoppage of Sergey Kovalev to retain the IBF, WBA, WBO light heavyweight world titles.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Catch weight a fight with GGG

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
          Catch weight a fight with GGG
          that wont ever happen

golovkin has enough problems with the lil ginger.....and ward def isnt going below 168...in fact i doubt he would go below 172....and golovkin aint goin higher than 168...golovkin had his chance to fight him two years at 168 and passed with the quickness

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
            The money he was was paid for those fights is what basically ran Jay Z out of the boxing business. As I recall J Z was forced to pay Ward more than the Kov fights were worth or Ward would not fight. He made that money in total contradiction to what he was actually worth. Everyone knows that. Tell me smart guy, how many pay-per-views did both Ward-Kov fights sell? Not even a combined 300,000. That tells me no one outside of hardcore boxing fans know who he is.

Or how about the time HBO would not let him fight some bum so he ran over to BET and he had to give away tickets for that fight, btw that fight was in his hometown.
            do you have 20 million? are you a 2 division champion?? you have a Gold medal in your house?

Comment

If he did come back at 175 I think Bivol would beat him. They have a common opponent in Barrera. I doubt he comes back. He has good jobs as a commentator for HBO and ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                Peasant peon? Stop sir you are hurting my feelings!

You are worth what the public is willing to pay to see you. If the promoter has to go into the red to pay a fighter because they refuse to fight does not mean he is worth it. What it does say is the promoter is doing bad business. What good is paying Ward if the fights he participates in do not generate revenue/profit for the promoter? And Ward never generated any revenue or profit for Roc Nation.

I don't know why you are obsessed with another man's money. I guess you have to go that route because you have none of your own and Ward has so little fanbase someone like you has to resort to saying he was successful because he was paid a x amount.

Nobody in boxing misses him and no one paid to watch his fights. Roc Nation was so desperate to put a foot hold in the boxing market they overpaid Ward to their own detriment and in bankrupted their promotion. The same reason Haymon went broke, over paying fighters more that their worth. If you are blinded just because you have a boner for Ward then there is not much anyone can say to convince you otherwise.
                sounds like jay z had to wash drug money

Comment

Only place we'll be seeing Ward fight again is in Creed 2.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    do you have 20 million? are you a 2 division champion?? you have a Gold medal in your house?
                    Yes, yes, and yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X