Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: Joshua Changed His Tune About Fighting Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lewis, who retired as WBC heavyweight champion 14 years ago, criticized Joshua and Wilder in a series of Tweets he sent out Thursday"

who writes these articles Lennox Lewis NEVER criticized Wilder
    he CRITICIZED JOSHUA NOT WILDER

Comment

• Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      Lennox fought who ever was the name in the HW. Even if he lost he would come back.

Basically what he is saying that if AJ really wanted the fight he could had pushed for it.

which is 100% correct

Comment

• Think everyone knows who didn't want the fight

Comment

• Thank you Lennox!

Comment

• I was never really a fan of Lennox, but he's a real one for speaking up about this bs.

Comment

• Though I agree with Lewis, you have to understand that he knows these exact feelings. Having retied instead of fulfilling a rematch clause because he got his ash handed to him, and got bailed out by a cut. Vitali would have destroyed Lewis in the rematch. So I think he is in the best place to comment on this particular situation. Even though my previous comments sound like a slight, know that I always liked Lewis, regardless of how he chose to end his career. Legit comments by Lewis, and should be taken as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                Though I agree with Lewis, you have to understand that he knows these exact feelings. Having retied instead of fulfilling a rematch clause because he got his ash handed to him, and got bailed out by a cut. Vitali would have destroyed Lewis in the rematch. So I think he is in the best place to comment on this particular situation. Even though my previous comments sound like a slight, know that I always liked Lewis, regardless of how he chose to end his career. Legit comments by Lewis, and should be taken as such.
                TKO 6 first of all. Sure he was losing the fight at the time but he won rounds 5 & 6. Fights are 12 rounds not 6. The ref & doctor stopped the fight after Lennox busted up his face. The Vitali defence was a VOLUNTARY defence as Lennox was suppose to fight Kirk Johnson & Vitali fighting Cedric Boswell on the undercard. Johnson tore his pectoral muscle 2 weeks before the fight so the man Lennox was said let's keep the card going & i fight Vitali. NO rematch clause in the contract. He beat him & retired. Sure many wanted to see a rematch but obviously Lennox wasn't into training hard anymore as he was out of shape following his year off after beating Tyson. Vitali is always in great shape & gave an unprepared Lewis a tough fight but Lewis still landed enough to smash up his face. How he ended his career? Voluntary defences vs Vitali, Golota, Bruno, Botha, Briggs, Holyfield, Rahman, Tyson, Tucker. Those were just his voluntary defences. 7 of those 9 were world champions. Botha won one but was stripped for failing for PEDS. HE ended his career as a top 3 HW of all-time & an argument can be made he is the greatest of all-time. George Foreman thought so...

Comment

• Read em and weep boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    Anyone with half a brain can see what happened here. And it's a shame really, but it is what it is.
                    It's a shame

Comment

• Originally posted by Hmabshir View Post
                      Lewis is one of the greatest heavyweights in history. The fact that you bring up crowds instead of Lewis achievements show that you don’t know **** about boxing.
                      English fans care about that ****.

Lewis may have been two time undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, but what were his purses like? what were his crowds like? that's what REALLY matters!

Comment

Working...
                      X