Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder Talks Frustrating; Looks Like Joshua-Povetkin Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Interesting. Hope Eddie gets put on the spot regarding these comments then.
    Do you think its suspicious that he hasn't?

It gives an insight into how this whole buisness works.
    Boxingscene writers scared to comment on how it is incase they get froze out.
    Gives hearn carte blanche

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      I'm not sure what Hearn is playing at, but this fight gets done if they want it done. There really doesn't seem like much is left open. So tbh, i don't see why the door would close at this point.
      Because its on the verge of being signed. Hearn doesn't want it & is desperate to save his cash cow

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
        Absolutely no urgency shown by either side to get this fight made. Looks like the money-men got what they want and the fans will have to wait. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with this except for the fact that Povetkin could definitely spoil the party by finding his way inside Joshua's guard and chinning him.
        At this point, if that fight gets made, I hope he does. It would serve Hearn and AJ right for toying with the fans

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          http://www.***************.net/20180...sent-this-week

"To clear up one other fallacy, Eddie knows that they have a written term sheet from us which details our $50 million-dollar offer for Anthony Joshua to fight Deontay Wilder in the U.S. We have never received from them a response to this term sheet.

"Below is the correct chronology of where we are with the contract for the Anthony Joshua Deontay Wilder mega fight:

On June 11, 2018, Deontay Wilder accepted Matchroom’s offer to fight Anthony Joshua in the UK, this took Matchroom by surprise never thinking that Wilder would accept their below-market offer.

Shortly after Eddie Hearn went public saying that we would receive a contract by Friday June 15th. When in fact we did not receive a contract until late on Monday June 18th.

On Tuesday June 19th, we requested a clarification of two points. They did not respond.

I requested them again on Thursday June 21st and we finally received a response on Friday June 22nd.

Two days later on Sunday June 24th, I sent them a letter acknowledging Eddie’s email of June 22, telling them they would have the contract back by Friday June 29th.

"Since the contract did not state the date or the venue, I also asked for that information.

"These are the facts and Matchroom will have the contracts back to them by Friday June 29th," he added.

All being well, fans can begin to look forward to one of the biggest heavyweight fights of the last two decades.

That date and venue mentioned by Finkel will be revealed once Joshua and Wilder have signed their portions of the deal.
          A Venue is non important .

Its in the U.K ??? lol

How many venues are available after September ? Come on !

A date is also not that important bc it may have to fit in somewhere so its just causing complications .

What needs to happen is the actual SIGNING bc thats what NEEDS to put the fight in play .

Finkel could have hsd Wilder sign last week , the feet dragging is all team Wilder since Finkel CANCELLED scheduled negotiating meetings bc there UNPRODUCTIVE ( apparently ) !

Comment

the 11th ducking road block and counting from the united queendom

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
              9 days son so stop makimg excuses and being a shirley winkle ....wilder ducked out end of
              Before you start running with whatever Hearn says, let's be clear, it wasn't 9 days. The contract was delivered to Winkel last Monday evening. Today is Tuesday. Not sure how you or Hearn fit 9 days into a week.

Comment

Well this is a tiresome to and fro thread.
                5 pages in and more to come.

Comment

This is some peculiar shit, to be sure. Don't really know what to make of it.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    A Venue is non important .

Its in the U.K ??? lol

How many venues are available after September ? Come on !

A date is also not that important bc it may have to fit in somewhere so its just causing complications .

What needs to happen is the actual SIGNING bc thats what NEEDS to put the fight in play .

Finkel could have hsd Wilder sign last week , the feet dragging is all team Wilder since Finkel CANCELLED scheduled negotiating meetings bc there UNPRODUCTIVE ( apparently ) !

Do you know anything about contract law? 😂😂

Comment

It is what he always wanted IMO was to do Povetkin first and I'm OK with waiting it allows them to really promote the fight very well as long as both win their next fights impressively

Unification is suppose to take precedence over a mandatory tho so the WBA should not be getting in the way but Andrei Ryabinksy has deep pockets and is likely throwing a lot of money around to get his guy the big fight first

Comment

Working...
                      X