Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: At This Stage, I Believe Wilder Does NOT Want Joshua Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    I also said the fact that there was no named network for US distribution was a major holdup. You'd agree Showtime would have to be included, because both fighters, especially Wilder has a relationship with them?

If there's no exclusive legal agreement with the fighters to Showtime then it really doesn't matter, does it?

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      I actually like the Breazeale fight .

I give him about 30% chance to K.O Wilder .

You see this post Wilder ?

You better sign dat contract , i know you and Finkel are there right now at his desk staring at it as sweat drips down your foreheads bc you thought the Povetkin fight was made but you opened up your mouths too soon !
      Even you don't believe the garbage you type...

If Wilder would really rather fight breazeale, he's had ample opportunity to go ahead and make that fight. Hell, he could've done that after Hearn offered him 12.5 million flat.

What he wouldn't have done, is come back with a $50 million guarantee + upside, and then after it was turned down, agree to fight AJ in the UK for Hearn's "revised offer."

You don't have to be from a certain country, or root for either fighter to see who's playing games with who...I don't even think Wilder's side has mentioned Breazeale since these negotiations began. Only one side has mentioned him, and that is the only side mentioning alternate opponents.

Comment

• I thought it was widely known that Joshua no longer has a showtime deal. The Parker fight was the last fight. AJ isn't a showtime fighter..only wilder is.

So if this contract is the one that is signed to fight in the UK.. that means that as travelling B side with no control.. the US fight rights just get put out to tender to be bid on or shown by whomever Hearn wants.. unless he prefers it to be showtime over DAZN. Showtime have no power in this.. Espinoza is just making a play for his network stating interest.

You can't have your cake and eat it wilder fans by saying that the 50 million contract with showtime was just that and AJ had no say.. and then state that showtime have a say now.. because they dont

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          I actually like the Breazeale fight .

I give him about 30% chance to K.O Wilder .

You see this post Wilder ?

You better sign dat contract , i know you and Finkel are there right now at his desk staring at it as sweat drips down your foreheads bc you thought the Povetkin fight was made but you opened up your mouths too soon !
          Dominic is a tough customer, at this point I just wish they both reveal their next fights instead of feeding fans with all this crap, let AJ fight Povetkin and Wilder do his Breazeale. Fights should be made public in advance so fans know what's going on.
          Also I'm annoyed with Hearn talking about AJ fighting three times this year, at the beginning of the year. All real boxing fans know top guys fight only twice a year so him selling this BS to us was insulting.

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
            If there's no exclusive legal agreement with the fighters to Showtime then it really doesn't matter, does it?
            Relationships matter. You can't expect anybody to ruin them for 1 fight.

BOTH guys have fought on Showtime recently, and it's an unspoken fact that they would be the ones handling the fight in the US. Why would anybody try to exclude them, and be sneaky about it? Wilder's not doing the fight unless it's on Showtime, and if Eddie had other plans, perhaps he should be up front about it, instead of conveniently leaving it out of the fine print, knowing it's a deal breaker?

Joshua has no "legally-binding" agreement to fight in the UK, so for $50 million, it shouldn't matter if the fight is in the US...especially since they'd be ok fighting other fighters here.

Comment

Who do you share your account with? Because your grammar and writing style seems to fluctuate.
              It's been stated over and over, literally dozens if not hundreds of times, that this account is operated by three people.

Wilder spoke on YouTube for an 1hr 20mins like 2 days ago. How is that staying quiet? Finkel confirmed they received a contract last Monday. Yet you say we have no idea if they did or not.
              I said we don't know if they received a CLEAN contract. Please pay attention to the words I'm actually using and stop arguing against things I never said.

Wilder spoke because he was frustrated about the delay in getting the contract. When things are going well, people stay quiet. Eddie started running his mouth with propaganda again, which of course is going to result in retaliation.

When progress is being made, everybody shuts up. When there is a snag, the spin begins.

Eddie never wanted this fight next. The fight only happens next if Wilder is desperate enough to get ****ed in the ass. But even if he's willing to do that, Eddie is still going to be reluctant.

Comment

Did Wilder receive a contract with the financial terms he publically agreed to, yes or no?

If yes, why is he accepting a lowball fee and why hasn't he signed?
                We don't know if it was a clean contract. Wilder's side needed a couple things clarified. We don't know if the clarification was to their liking or not.

Wilder's side is dealing with a promoter (Eddie) who really doesn't want this fight. So there has to be a limit to how badly they're willing to get ****ed on this deal.

Eddie is doing a great job of applying pressure by constantly threatening the Povetkin fight. He's not doing anything I wouldn't do and I'm not criticizing his tactics. I'm just pointing out what they are. The problem is AJ fans take it as an insult if you point out that Eddie is manipulating them.

Anybody in the industry would take it as a compliment. Eddie is a professional bull****ter. That's what a promoter is. In a private moment, Eddie would take everything I'm saying as huge praise.

Comment

• Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  I thought it was widely known that Joshua no longer has a showtime deal. The Parker fight was the last fight. AJ isn't a showtime fighter..only wilder is.

So if this contract is the one that is signed to fight in the UK.. that means that as travelling B side with no control.. the US fight rights just get put out to tender to be bid on or shown by whomever Hearn wants.. unless he prefers it to be showtime over DAZN. Showtime have no power in this.. Espinoza is just making a play for his network stating interest.

You can't have your cake and eat it wilder fans by saying that the 50 million contract with showtime was just that and AJ had no say.. and then state that showtime have a say now.. because they dont
                  First of all, the fight makes more money on showtime PPV than it does on a streaming APP nobody knows about. If Hearn was interested in the fight making as much as it could, that'd be readily apparent.

Second, relationships matter, which is exactly why Hearn can't sign any of the fighters he's after. Nobody wants to be affiliated with a scumbag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                    Dominic is a tough customer, at this point I just wish they both reveal their next fights instead of feeding fans with all this crap, let AJ fight Povetkin and Wilder do his Breazeale. Fights should be made public in advance so fans know what's going on.
                    Also I'm annoyed with Hearn talking about AJ fighting three times this year, at the beginning of the year. All real boxing fans know top guys fight only twice a year so him selling this BS to us was insulting.
                    Its not really Hearns fault .

Klitchko postponed the fight in 2017 by 5/6 months .

Joshua just fought Parker in March and now Wilder is playing more games .

Joshua can only take fights with actual ones who want them .

Povetkin has to be next if Wilder doesn't want the fight . ( This should have been a September fight but Wilder decided not to have that possible )

Breazeale has leaked out he has a deal with Wilder to fight him months ago .

Fights cant be announced all the time in advance bc it usually takes months to finalize negotiating and fights like Parker vs Whyte can pop up out of nowhere !
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-25-2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                      First of all, the fight makes more money on showtime PPV than it does on a streaming APP nobody knows about. If Hearn was interested in the fight making as much as it could, that'd be readily apparent.

Second, relationships matter, which is exactly why Hearn can't sign any of the fighters he's after. Nobody wants to be affiliated with a scumbag.
                      Both subjective. The figures for American PPV are still subject to speculation on multiple counts.

How many of the majority purchasers..that being the casual fan, would they reasonably expect to buy a PPV for two people whom in the USA have never had a PPV before.

What's the price of that PPV going to be? 70 dollars.. 80 dollars? Good luck getting over 400k buys at that price. AJ will get his guarantee and as will wilder his flat fee purely from the revenue generated on UK soil .. they of course want to maximise profit but best believe Hearn will be looking at the long term with his DAZN deal.

If he feels an outrageously priced US PPV only offers buyrate and financial end product that is not hugely above what he could get for DAZN subscriptions then why wouldn't he put it on DAZN? I'd rather have 1000,000 people ( which wilder fans think is the number this charade generates ) paying 15/20 bucks than 400k paying me 60 or 70. Sure.. I lose maybe 10 mil overall..but my DAZN platform retains those subscriptions for future months.

As for your theory on Hearn signing nobody... You have no knowledge of that and nor do I until the DAZN presser on the 4th.

I think Hearn will have signed a good chunk of whom he wants.. not all.. but enough to blow your theory wide open

Comment

Working...
                      X