Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence on Crawford Fight: We're Gonna Meet Up, Make Big Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence on Crawford Fight: We're Gonna Meet Up, Make Big Money

Errol Spence Jr. doesn't think he needs to send messages to Terence Crawford in post-fight interviews. Spence considers his impressive performances more than enough to get his point across to Crawford regarding their much-anticipated welterweight championship showdown. The undefeated IBF welterweight champion previously made it clear that he wants to fight the Danny Garcia-Shawn Porter winner and Keith Thurman before facing Crawford because they're all advised by Al Haymon and he feels those fights will be easier to make.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Don't want be to disrespectful to the greats, but this fight has a lot of the Leonard v. Hearns elements to it.

Both fighters clearly have a lot of respect for each other, but they also want to destroy one another lol

The exception here is that they don't have a history of sparring with each other like Leonard and Hearns did.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
      Don't want be to disrespectful to the greats, but this fight has a lot of the Leonard v. Hearns elements to it.

Both fighters clearly have a lot of respect for each other, but they also want to destroy one another lol

The exception here is that they don't have a history of sparring with each other like Leonard and Hearns did.
      I can understand that comparison myself. I love both these guys attitudes, especially Spence’s.

This will be the #1 fight in boxing when it happens, I think it’s a couple of years away though unfortunately

Comment

Spence holds his own in sparring with middle and lite heavyweights.

Comment

Leonard was 25 and Hearns 22 when they clashed in 1981. if they were around today we would've had to wait until they were both 30+ years old.

Spence 28 Crawford 30... both are about as prime as can be.

Seems like they're both pushing the PPV angle but I honestly don't see this fight doing huge #'s like that even though I'm hoping it does.

the Ward-Kovalev flop (twice) was a harsh reminder that PPV's need to attract the casual and even non boxing fans to succeed.

Spence-Crawford belongs on ESPN or CBS. not PPV.

Comment

just as i thought. the usual posters who accuse other fighters of ducking other fighters from a different promotional company is nowhere to be found when it comes to spence and crawford.

Comment

When Spence says they are going to meet up and make big money. I hope when he says big money he means around 7 million each.

I love Spence and Crawford and they can sell out there hometown arenas but fact is they are still pretty much unknown here in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
                When Spence says they are going to meet up and make big money. I hope when he says big money he means around 7 million each.

I love Spence and Crawford and they can sell out there hometown arenas but fact is they are still pretty much unknown here in the States.
                they're still pretty unknown plus they dont have the personality to really take them to the next level in terms of popularity. it takes more than just being a good fighter for people to like you.

Comment

a true warrior top p4p'er would have said "we;re gonna meet up, and go to war". this steroid abusing weight bully punk who has only one decent win only thinking about money as opposed to legacy.

Comment

Spence is playing chess while you crybabies are playing checkers. He’s got at least two big fights he can take there’s no need to rush the Crawford fight because it could be the fight that creates the next big American star.

I am slightly more worried about crawfords level of opposition though hopefully bob can sign some Welters or work with other promoters to give him the level of opposition he needs in order to build the fight with Spence.

Comment

Working...
                    X