Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Spence Heating Up as The Next Big Fight at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    Brook was beating Spence in the early rounds if you remember. His problem is that he was struggling to make 147 for a while and it took a lot out of him (he doesnt have the best stamina to begin with). Crawford does not struggle at the wright, is technically better than Brook and is far more disciplined than Brook (doesn't balloon in weight like Brook).

Crucially I also think Crawford is mentally much tougher than Brook. He will beat Spence when they do eventually fight.
    The one caveat for Spence winning is that he has far more power than Crawford. This means Bud won't be as likely to break Spence down as Spence is to break down Bud. The longer the fight goes the closer the scorecards become. Bottom line - Toss up.

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
      Yes, Brook being ahead early in the fight by outboxing Spence was my point. Agree on the weight issue, but I don’t think you can question the strength of Brook’s mentality, just the strength of his eye sockets.

Either way Crawford-Spence is surely in everyone’s top 3 most-desired match-ups (along with Wilder-Joshua and Kovalev-Broner).
      Kovalev-broker is an interesting one!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        This fight will have all the anti Mayweather/Black American pro white/eastern Euro fan base in a spin, two black Americans who do their side with ? I guess it’s just a meaningless fight right ?
        They'll be pulling their hair out and gnashing their teeth in frustration.

The sad thing is this behavior causes blowback to Eastern Euro fighters like Golovkin and Lomachenko who aren't anti-Black American as far as I can tell.

Comment

Make It Happen

Comment

Much Ado about nothing! This fight happens sooner rather than later.

Comment

this is a dream fight to me, both at the top of their game, undefeated champions, fighting is any true boxing fans dream, I do give the edge to Bud Crawford, I think he's more technically sound, but it is a close fight to call for either guy.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                The one caveat for Spence winning is that he has far more power than Crawford. This means Bud won't be as likely to break Spence down as Spence is to break down Bud. The longer the fight goes the closer the scorecards become. Bottom line - Toss up.
                Yeah no doubt Spence has more power but Crawford isn't feather-fisted himself. Maybe I'm overrating Crawford a bit because I'm a fan but he strikes me as an extremely physically and mentally tough athlete. He doesn't get phased even when he's in difficult situations (like the Gambia fight early on)

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It's a once-in-a-generation proposition. Two unbeaten welterweights at the peaks of their abilities meeting in a championship-level showdown. It happened in 1981 when Ray Leonard met and defeated Thomas Hearns at Caesars Palace. It happened again in 1999 when Felix Trinidad met and at least according to Jerry Roth and Bob Logist defeated Oscar De La Hoya just 10 minutes down the road at Mandalay Bay...
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  ------------------------------------------------------

How is this bigger than Thurman-Garcia? They were both undefeated. In term of accomplishments they were pretty similar. Disregarding that fight because it was lackluster or whatever reasons you might have is silly. That was a big fight.

Crawford might have had the bigger fights than Spence but Spence will beat Crawford. The switch-bait style that Crawford has will not work against a natural Southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Leave it to Jim Lampley to blame Haymon for this and not Arum.
                    So fair and balanced these days.
                    Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                    This is just so sick ! Lampley is right. Promotion is killing boxing for the fans. Protecting fighters is killing boxing.
                    Are we gonna have to wait until they are out of prime to see them fight???!!!
                    They both are tremendous fighters and we deserve to see this fight happen. Arum is gonna blow this as will Haymon! Cash cows fall apart. What is left to prove?
                    The best fights the best to SEE WHO IS THE BEST!!!
                    The time to marinate? Bah !!!
                    These gladiators are ready !
                    LETS GET IT ON !!!!
                    If this was the 50s thru the 80s, we'd have this fight within the next 2-3 defenses of each guy. Easily. Both promoters will be to blame if this ends up a Pac/Floydie... 5 years too late. IMO, the only thing to push this thru would be if one (OR BOTH) fighters keep making a he!!uva lotta noise demanding it happen now. Keep showing up at the other's fights, getting in each other's faces, screaming for it far and wide in all the boxing media. Raise so much he!! it cannot be ignored. Do both/either of these fighters have the ballz to do that? I think we'll find out soon enough. Certainly hope so. Boxing needs this fight to happen soon.

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
                      Yes, Brook being ahead early in the fight by outboxing Spence was my point. Agree on the weight issue, but I don’t think you can question the strength of Brook’s mentality, just the strength of his eye sockets.

Either way Crawford-Spence is surely in everyone’s top 3 most-desired match-ups (along with Wilder-Joshua and Kovalev-Broner).
                      Kovalev-Broner? Wait... WOT???

LOL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X