Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford vs. Spence Heating Up as The Next Big Fight at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    Brook was beating Spence in the early rounds if you remember. His problem is that he was struggling to make 147 for a while and it took a lot out of him (he doesnt have the best stamina to begin with). Crawford does not struggle at the wright, is technically better than Brook and is far more disciplined than Brook (doesn't balloon in weight like Brook).
    Crucially I also think Crawford is mentally much tougher than Brook. He will beat Spence when they do eventually fight.
    You make some good points. I think Bud is technically AND mentally tougher than Spence... which will push him on top after a back and forth war. Two greats at/near peak. Great fight for fans.

Comment

Bud don't want that body work

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
        The one caveat for Spence winning is that he has far more power than Crawford. This means Bud won't be as likely to break Spence down as Spence is to break down Bud. The longer the fight goes the closer the scorecards become. Bottom line - Toss up.
        Really think there's that much of a power difference? I see both as fairly close, maybe Spence has a slight edge. But not a lot of difference.

Comment

Don’t let this be Pac/May II. This fight needs to happen by next year.

Comment

Fight Talk #1 | Terence Crawford vs. Errol Spence | Super Bowl Weekend 2019 | Crawford Wins
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z68yzD22YM8&t=15s

Comment

This has to happen within the next year though, why not this year?

Comment

Kovalev-broker is an interesting one!
                Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                Kovalev-Broner? Wait... WOT???

LOL!!!!
                Who wouldn’t want to watch that horrible little punk get ended in the ring? Kovalev would bodybag him in 3. Maybe a roided up Shannon Briggs shouting “Let’s go, Champ!” every time he lands clean?

Comment

What I find weird is that everyone is like .. yeah this need to happen isn’t be next 2-3 for right fights but no one is getting really worked up.
                  But with the AJ-Wilder it’s all ones ducking or the other is ducking or the promoters are to blame if it do any happen immediately in their next fight.
                  Yet ages if the fighters are pretty similar. And also in both scenarios one of the two fighters went through the effort/risk of becoming a unified champion.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                    Kovalev-broker is an interesting one!
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Kovalev-Broner? Wait... WOT???

LOL!!!!

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
                    Who wouldn’t want to watch that horrible little punk get ended in the ring? Kovalev would bodybag him in 3. Maybe a roided up Shannon Briggs shouting “Let’s go, Champ!” every time he lands clean?
                    Yeah it would be a royal dismantling indeed.

Comment

Brook was beating Spence in the early rounds if you remember. His problem is that he was struggling to make 147 for a while and it took a lot out of him (he doesnt have the best stamina to begin with). Crawford does not struggle at the wright, is technically better than Brook and is far more disciplined than Brook (doesn't balloon in weight like Brook).

Crucially I also think Crawford is mentally much tougher than Brook. He will beat Spence when they do eventually fight.
                      You probably need to rewatch that fight. It was even after the first 6 rounds, and we all know what happened the second half of the fight.

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post
                      ------------------------------------------------------

How is this bigger than Thurman-Garcia? They were both undefeated. In term of accomplishments they were pretty similar. Disregarding that fight because it was lackluster or whatever reasons you might have is silly. That was a big fight.

Crawford might have had the bigger fights than Spence but Spence will beat Crawford. The switch-bait style that Crawford has will not work against a natural Southpaw.
                      I think this fight will be bigger, only because I think public opinion would favor spence and crawford over danny and thurman, however you mix them up. Danny and Thurman was definitely a big fight though.

Comment

Working...
                      X