No announcement yet.

How would you honestly rate Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    The great thing about GGG is that he's always fought at 160. So he ranks in the top twenty at least as far as middleweights. In fact, I'd say he's top ten, given his accomplishments. His resume is lacking in names although a solid win in Spetember over Canelo is very respectable. Throw in a BJS and a Jacobs rematch and a win over Charlo and he's golden imo. He fought for a long time to get the big dogs. Now we see what he's made of...at 36. Too bad he couldn't have fought them sooner.

Still, top ten ATG middleweight imo.

Agree with your entire post. However I think Clenelo has his number in this rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      What about defending his title several times in Vegas, LA and NY to top ten ranked fighters in his weight division?

Macklin, Geale, Murray, Lemieux, Jacobs and Alvarez were all top ten MW's. That's 6 in the top ten in his last ten fights.

Try again. Lol @ trying to be clever with that BS.
      how is it trying to be clever when that was an actual fight he took? shall we just pretend it didnt happen? and dont try name Macklin and Geale Murray as credible opponents every man with a brain and a shred of boxing knowledge knows golovkin didnt fight a legit threat till jacobs im not ****ting on him thats just facts even his biggest fans will admit that

god damn mauricio sulaiman here trying to pass off these fighters as credible fights lmao
      Last edited by davef; 06-20-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Beauty of massaging the matchmaking the way that K2 did.

Golovkin gets 15 defenses into his title reign, yet the only real middleweight who could fight that he's been in with was Daniel Jacobs.
        And still won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
          We do not have blinders on. Do you really think the Martinez that fought Cotto had a chance in the world to beat Golovkin? I am not talking about the prime Martinez, I'm talking about one legged version. Do you think Cotto who fought Canelo is beating Golovkin? If those guys are getting big credit for those Ws I am absolutely going to consider the fact that neither guy wanted anything to do with Golovkin as a consideration in Golovkin's favor when I'm assessing him.

This isn't something specific to Golovkin. I'm not interested in your hater and fanboy arguments.
          why am I a hater for pointing out that you are using absence of evidence as evidence? Surely its you committing the error here - someone who points it out is the wrongdoer?? You got this upside down.

so you are matching GGG against the past it or injured versions of cotto and martinez?
          Last edited by DreamFighter; 06-20-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
            When I am putting together my analysis of a boxer you better believe I am going to put that into consideration eveything,.
            i personally dont include absence of information as in the universal set of "everything"

Comment

• Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
              Agree with your entire post. However I think Clenelo has his number in this rematch.
              I'm hoping this one has more action. We shall see. I like both guys and hoping for a great fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by davef View Post
                how is it trying to be clever when that was an actual fight he took? shall we just pretend it didnt happen? and dont try name Macklin and Geale Murray as credible opponents every man with a brain and a shred of boxing knowledge knows golovkin didnt fight a legit threat till jacobs im not ****ting on him thats just facts even his biggest fans will admit that

damn mauricio sulaiman here trying to pass off these fighters as credible fights lmao
                They were all top 5 in the division when GGG beat them you twit

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  Who cares if one expert out of hundreds doesn't 'gush' over GGG? In fact he's the reason that he's not P4P no.1 in the ESPN rankings. Who in their right mind would rank GGG below 5th in the P4P rankings? That's moronic and you give a moronic argument.
                  Atlas isn't the only one, and you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    That's the frustrating thing. Every time I bring up the fact that I want GG to fight quality fighters, ppl seem to think it's because I want him to lose or something. Hell no. I really believe he's game for anyone in 160 and 168. I want the guy to leave a legacy and it's sad that he's probably going to be defined by two Canelo fights. Canelo is very good, but you aren't going to be remembered if all you did was fight Canelo twice.

And, if he loses to Canelo... Yikes.
                    When 1 loss could cause you to lose your place in boxing history, it means your resume is thin. Pac is an example of a true great because several late career losses won't change his legend status.

Like I said in my first post, it's not too late for GG to establish an A status in terms of "all-time" conversations go. But, time is not on his side.
                    good honest stuff there...couldnt agree more

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                      The great thing about GGG is that he's always fought at 160. So he ranks in the top twenty at least as far as middleweights. In fact, I'd say he's top ten, given his accomplishments. His resume is lacking in names although a solid win in Spetember over Canelo is very respectable. Throw in a BJS and a Jacobs rematch and a win over Charlo and he's golden imo. He fought for a long time to get the big dogs. Now we see what he's made of...at 36. Too bad he couldn't have fought them sooner.

Still, top ten ATG middleweight imo.

the problem here is, youare saying hes "golden" with 4 fights and wins that arent likely for a 36 year old

he has canelo problems in september....he did nothing in the first fight to suggest he wins easily in a rematch.....then you are assuming a 36 year old goes through the gambit of a jacobs rematch, bjs and charlo...in fact if he got even two of those fights after, canelo and came away with wins, i would be suprised....he def isnt getting all 4 of them and coming away with wins in all of them....

you are hinging things on a 36 year old guy going through 4 tough fights in a row...to call him "golden"

canelo went into that first fight a bit timid....canelo had never been in with a puncher like that...he was a welter and a jr welter....this time i doubt hes as intimidated.....thats going to be a tough fight right there....one im not sure golovkin comes away with a win in....if he loses this fight(and there has to be some doubt even in golovkins fans) you cant forget "golden"....stop looking so far ahead and trying to tie a legacy to 3 future fights he will never take

Comment

Working...
                      X