Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: I Would Rather Fight Jessie Vargas Next Than Ugas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    He can say since none of them are available, I want on of the top guys at 54.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Spence vs. Lara @ 154! They're both 5'9" and southpaw! Spence could go back to 147, and even with a loss, he's young enough to make a comeback! I would like that fight better than Vargas or Ugas! What do you think about Arum saying that Khan is a potential opponent for Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
      Might as well give O-Cano another shot.
      Lol true that maybe he won't be as over confident this time around

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
        Why not be paid $5M in Australia. Spence v Horn down under. mate.
        Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
        Khan that's really it. Unless you want to finish off Ali's career.

Now the dirt road picks Victor Ortiz, Berto , Jeff Horn.

I would watch the Jeff Horn Fight.
        That would be so watchable. Horn vs Spence, down under. The hometown aspect is another challenge. Spence would one up Bud and Pac if he went there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I wouldn't mind seeing Spence vs. Lara @ 154! They're both 5'9" and southpaw! Spence could go back to 147, and even with a loss, he's young enough to make a comeback! I would like that fight better than Vargas or Ugas! What do you think about Arum saying that Khan is a potential opponent for Crawford?
          I was thinking maybe Spence would fight Hurd at '54 if Jarrett Hurd was to get pass Jermell Charlo. With his first fight at '54 being a unified bout. Just a dream fight I'd like to see happen lol

Comment

Serious Question: Is Spence enrolled in the VADA's random, year-round drug testing program?

Originally posted by Sam wattson View Post
            Oh snap they should call the fight Errol Spence vs Jessie Vargas battle of the roids lol

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              There’s a not a rule that states if he moves up, he can’t move back down. There are exciting possible matchups at 47. But none are likely in his next fight. So you combine another fight like the garbage of this past weekend with another no hoper, and 2018 is a wasted year for Spence.
              What top fighter at 154 can Spence fight? Charlo is his stable mate, the train in the same gym and have the same trainer. Hurd looks to be fighting Charlo next anyway they both want this fight this year.

He already beat Brook, so the only people left maybe are Lara and Trout. No real top names at 154 and the way things are lining up 147 is where it's at.

The top fights at 147 will happen, ain't no top fights for Spence at 154. He beats Lara or Trout that's cool. If they were at 147 shyt I would be all for it, but move up in weight for a minor fight to come back down when you have major fights doesn't make sense.

Crawford and Spence are doing it right fighting the best available people in their division who are willing to fight until they can fight each other. After that move up which they will probably do anyway. When Floyd or Pacquiao moved up in weight was for big money fights period. Floyd fought- Cotto, Oscar, Caneo, And Conor above 147 cause those fights made hella sense.

Spence can fight Garcia/Porter early 2019 and Crawford Spring 2019 for a mega fight if Thurman comes back fight him then move up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                I was thinking maybe Spence would fight Hurd at '54 if Jarrett Hurd was to get pass Jermell Charlo. With his first fight at '54 being a unified bout. Just a dream fight I'd like to see happen lol
                Hurd doesn't want another southpaw before Charlo. He wants an orthodox fighter before facing Charlo. He's fought Harrison, Trout, and Lara (all southpaws), in three consecutive bouts. That being said, I hope Hurd fights Castano, the WBA "Regular" Champion, or J-Rock Williams, his IBF mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  That would be so watchable. Horn vs Spence, down under. The hometown aspect is another challenge. Spence would one up Bud and Pac if he went there.
                  $5 Mil ?? Wow. Horn would take the fight too.

Comment

Wants to fight ex washed up champions like Patterson.

Comment

Yea if those are the two choices as he waits for Thurman, Porter & Garcia fair enough Vargas is definitely the more interesting, compelling fight.

Sucks for Ugas cuz dude keeps proving mfers wrong & winning fights he's not supposed to win, but like it or not there are names with more value then others & if your name ain't that valuable its sh^tty & unfair & about a dozen other negative things probably but ultimately this is an asses in seats business & Vargas puts more asses in seats than Ugas.

Comment

Working...
                      X