Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would prime Cotto do against today's welterweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He loses to Spence and Crawford 100%.

Thurman would also be the favorite against him.

Porter is a question mark because his ferocity, but maybe Cotto edges the decision.

Beats Danny, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
      Who did cotton beat? He lost to Manny, Floyd, Trout, Ali, and Canelo. He is the most overrated fighter of all time imo
      ''ill answer your question WITH a question''

Comment

may beat cotto
        the may that beat cotto schools these guys

canelo beat cotto
        canelo would beat up any of these guys who move up

manny beat cotto (with a clause)
        the manny that beat cotto with a clause would beat these guys up too

lets see how these guys do in their last fight. i bet it will be a loss (or win vs some unk scrub).

Comment

Cotto prime is 140..

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
            are you saying spence, bud and 1x are ATGs ?
            No, it's too early to make that claim for any of them. I am saying they beat Cotto though.

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
              I can dig that, but Spence is a BIG 147. It was because of the kell fight where he ate some bombs that I think he could eat cottos shots no problem.
              Yea that's a good point. It would have been a great fight. I can definitely see a scenario where Spence wins.

Comment

IMO loses to Spence and bud. He beats dsg and porter. Thurman vs cotton would be a toss up for me assuming its the same Thurman from before the injuries

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
                  Cotto is a fighter that made his name by losing to ATGs. He probably loses to Spence, Crawford, and Thurman.
                  Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
                  i think id favour all the others against him apart from garcia, who i wouldnt count out agaisnt cotto either.what basis is there to think that cotto is some monster? A razor thin win over mosley is good but is it really the earth shattering win that people make it out to be? hes basically made a career over it when as far as im aware mosley has a few losses. ive never known a fighters 'prime' end so soon.he got his arse kicked by margarito at 147, struggled hugely against josh clottey, and was the last guy that pacquiao stopped. even malignaggi gave him problems. trout gave him a boxing lesson. mayweather played with him. one of canelos easiest big fights. i know some of them are at different weights but people act like he was shot when he was in his early 30s lol, he wasnt shot he was just never that good. ANd if he suddenly 'wasnt the same' after losing to margarito, that shows hes mentally weak. ive never known such an overrated fighter in all my life.
                  Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
                  margarito too. quite a few people thought clottey beat him also
                  I agree with all of this. Cotto's never done anything great for me to question any boxing fan who picks today's welterweights over him. This is how he fairs IMO...

Losses to Spence and Crawford
                  50/50 against Thurman
                  I would give the edge to Cotto over Danny and Porter, but I wouldn't consider them winning an upset

Comment

Cotto vs. Crawford, Spence, and Thurman could all go either way. I'd confidently pick him against anyone else.

Cotto tends to be pretty overrated, but he could beat anyone at welterweight today.

Comment

Not well. I can't see him bagging any of these guys. Someone mentioned Brooke. Him too.

Comment

Working...
                      X