Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would prime Cotto do against today's welterweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford beats him in a good fight, he beats Thurman, Garcia, Porter and is 50-50 with Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
      Cotto never beat a prime A-level fighter. I favor Thurman, Crawford, Spence, and Danny over Cotto.
      who have Thurman, Crawford, Spence, and Danny beat at WW ?

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
        Well I would argue that while Cotto physically was the same, the experience he took from the Mosley fight could only benefit him. I think the Cotto that went into the ring against Margarito was his best. But that's splitting hairs. I wouldn't say you're wrong.

Also, we have to think of what Cotto would do to these guys too. Spence presents problems with his pressure and strength, but I don't think he applied pressure like Margarito, and while he is better defensively, he would be hit, and I don't think he could take half that punishment. Margarito's ability to take a punch was special. Crawford to me is a rare talent. If he can avoid trouble early, he could win. Cotto against Spence and Crawford are 50/50 to me.

I can dig that, but Spence is a BIG 147. It was because of the kell fight where he ate some bombs that I think he could eat cottos shots no problem.

Comment

I say he beats Thurman, outpoints Porter in a rough fight and beats Garcia in close fight.

Spence may be too much but he will give Spence a good fight, Crawford he would give a good fight but might get outpointed by Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
            Prime Cotto was a beast. He'd have today's welterweight division pissing blood for weeks

Good point you bring up. Hmmmm......has me thinking now.

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
              I can dig that, but Spence is a BIG 147. It was because of the kell fight where he ate some bombs that I think he could eat cottos shots no problem.
              Under no impression does Kell Brook indicate have the same level of power that Cotto has.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                who have Thurman, Crawford, Spence, and Danny beat at WW ?
                Who did cotton beat? He lost to Manny, Floyd, Trout, Ali, and Canelo. He is the most overrated fighter of all time imo

Comment

i think id favour all the others against him apart from garcia, who i wouldnt count out agaisnt cotto either.what basis is there to think that cotto is some monster? A razor thin win over mosley is good but is it really the earth shattering win that people make it out to be? hes basically made a career over it when as far as im aware mosley has a few losses. ive never known a fighters 'prime' end so soon.he got his arse kicked by margarito at 147, struggled hugely against josh clottey, and was the last guy that pacquiao stopped. even malignaggi gave him problems. trout gave him a boxing lesson. mayweather played with him. one of canelos easiest big fights. i know some of them are at different weights but people act like he was shot when he was in his early 30s lol, he wasnt shot he was just never that good. ANd if he suddenly 'wasnt the same' after losing to margarito, that shows hes mentally weak. ive never known such an overrated fighter in all my life.
                  Last edited by Prince Madison; 06-17-2018, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                    Who did cotton beat? He lost to Manny, Floyd, Trout, Ali, and Canelo. He is the most overrated fighter of all time imo
                    margarito too. quite a few people thought clottey beat him also

Comment

Cotto would destroy them all.

Comment

Working...
                      X