Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: If Crawford Wants 3-4 Fights a Year - We Have The Dates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: If Crawford Wants 3-4 Fights a Year - We Have The Dates

LAS VEGAS Bob Arum is prone to hyperbole, particularly in the immediate aftermath of one of his fighter's victories. As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, the Hall-of-Fame promoter was so impressed with what he witnessed from Terence Crawford on Saturday night, Arum compared the three-division champion to one of the best boxers in the history of the sport following Crawford's ninth-round stoppage of Jeff Horn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Bud fights a couple times on ESPN he will be a household name.
    He has the goods as far as boxing goes and Arum knows how to milk it.

Comment

Yea cuz 10 months in between fights aint gonna get it. That's Keith Thurman territory

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        If Bud fights a couple times on ESPN he will be a household name.
        He has the goods as far as boxing goes and Arum knows how to milk it.
        Bro he already a household name. Everybody was asking me how to watch the fight yesterday. Crawford has been doing numbers since his HBO days.

Comment

What he forgets to mention is if Crawford fights 3-4 a year, the budget will be pretty much consumed by him, so he's left to fight C class fighters who dont demand higher paydays. I rather see him fight twice a year against top opposition.

Comment

He needs to work on his personality, he comes off like one immature kid during interviews and acts like one arrogant thug. He has the skills but he lacks the character.. hopefully he gets to fight more often then he might be able to sell more than 30K PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Bro he already a household name. Everybody was asking me how to watch the fight yesterday. Crawford has been doing numbers since his HBO days.
              This is truth right here..

Crawford was consistently 800k on HBO and hovering in-between 900k-1+ mil plus on espn.

For a non media type..he creates very good numbers . I think people are attracted to the cerebral nature of the guy.

Comment

I'd love to see him more active, but against what opponents? I want to see him in good competitive fights. PBC has the top names at this weight.

Comment

What Arum means is that he already has 3-4 bums lined up from Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                    This is truth right here..

Crawford was consistently 800k on HBO and hovering in-between 900k-1+ mil plus on espn.

For a non media type..he creates very good numbers . I think people are attracted to the cerebral nature of the guy.
                    I'm not buying it. I've been watching his career closely. This guy still isn't selling tickets. In his last 4 fights outside of Nebraska he's done very modest at the live gate. Attendance yesterday was 8.1k. And that was at MGM Grand Garden. (Lundy - 5k attendance at MSG; Postol - 7k attendance at MGM; Diaz - 8k attendance at MSG)

Meanwhile Spence just had 12k in attendance at Barclays against Peterson and is expected to have 12 - 15k for Ocampo. (After pulling only 7.6k attendance against Algeri at Barclays)

I know Crawford averages around 11-12k attendance in Omaha, but he's still not connecting nationally.

We won't even have a "ratings" number for this fight because of the app. He's not anything close to a "household name" imo. I think he's right in the bunch with guys like Garcia and Thurman.

Comment

Working...
                    X