No announcement yet.

The Charlos gotta be sick of playing second fiddle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Isn't Charlo the WBC mando for Canelo since he beat GGG? That or Charlo is the "regular" champ while Canelo is "unified" or whatever. So it isn't a case of whether he is "ready" for PPV it's he is due a fight and Canelo only fights on PPV.

Sometimes you guys get so caught up in frivolous BS that you overlook the simplest reasons.
    Dont you just love it when “boxing is a business” comes back to bite you in the ass?

Charlo is not good business. Barely fights. When he does, its against nobody anybody knows. Is not a headliner. So why does he deserve a ppv?

Mind you, these are the same metrics “you guys” used for several years for other fighters who were deserving of fighting a champion but didnt because they didnt meet your standard of business, I mean boxing.

Comment

i thinmk they're both being moved fine, only thing missing is maybe 1 more fight a year. both have foght tough tests punchers, guys in their primes, vets with good boxing skills. they're young and they can make a lot of money down the line when they make it to PPV. the game is changing. i think it's pretty obvious that the dust is settling now and will further settle in 2019, and we will sartto get these guys where they want to be, which is PPV, in big fights. by that i mean real big fights. spence fighting garcia or canelo. jermall charlo fighting canelo. lomachenko fighting garcia or crawford, etc. big, high selling ppv fights between top talent in their primes. i am looking forward to them, and i'll tkae missing a fight a year in the interim if those fights are made.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
        Dont you just love it when “boxing is a business” comes back to bite you in the ass?

Charlo is not good business. Barely fights. When he does, its against nobody anybody knows. Is not a headliner. So why does he deserve a ppv?

Mind you, these are the same metrics “you guys” used for several years for other fighters who were deserving of fighting a champion but didnt because they didnt meet your standard of business, I mean boxing.
        Huh? I didn't say he deserved a PPV. I said he is the mando or the regular champ and Canelo only fights on PPV.

Oh I get you are trolling. Got it. Carry on.

Comment

When will pbc announce their schedule for the rest of the year?
          Are they going to do an announcement show like early in the year?

When is the first event for the fox deal going to happen?

As of now, we know about wilder vs fury, stevenson vs gvozdyk and apparently garcia vs commey.

What about charlo, charlo, spence, hurd, broner, browne, lara, thurman, mares, santa cruz, davis, benavidez, breazeale, gary russell jr etc.?

Comment

They need to step there comp up. A lot of talent and a lot of talk but the competition is lacking

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Huh? I didn't say he deserved a PPV. I said he is the mando or the regular champ and Canelo only fights on PPV.

Oh I get you are trolling. Got it. Carry on.
              Not trolling at all. Using your guys logic back on you. Charlo needs to build up his name, get in line and take what hes offered when the time comes. Dude isnt even a b side. Hes a has no say at all side.

Comment

Yeah Charlo is 28, his lack of desire to fight for the belt is atrocious. Such a waste of career.

Comment

Is Jermall Charlo still interested in getting a shot at Glovkin,
                  now that Gnnady no longer have any titles?

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                    Not trolling at all. Using your guys logic back on you. Charlo needs to build up his name, get in line and take what hes offered when the time comes. Dude isnt even a b side. Hes a has no say at all side.
                    Huh? you are using some ******ed logic a Manny fan said Floyd fans use and are throwing back at me because Charlo is black instead of reading my post and responding to the contents of it. That is the equivalent of trolling, with some slight racism and mounds of stupidity added to the mix.

My guess is from now on Canelo will fight exclusively on PPV. None of the top potential challengers other than GGG has the "name value" that "deserves" a PPV fight. Neither do any of the mandatories.

Using the logic you say you are throwing back at me, Canelo can fight GGG on PPV again or he has to fight on ESPN since no one is "big enough" for PPV.

I guess Canelo could drop the belt and fight a more name fighter on PPV while Charlo and whoever is available can fight for it since in your mind Charlo isn't big enough to fight on PPV against Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      I don't think they should be co-headlining. I mean what if something happened to the brother who fights first? Like a possible knockout loss, or a disqualification, anything. That would have a bad mental effect on his twin fighting right after him.
                      So thats the chance you take if you fight. I think it is more about the trainer getting the one who fights in the main event ready.

Comment

Working...
                      X