No announcement yet.

just rewatched ward/kovalev 2 again for the first time in a long time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonis View Post
    Only people with psychological issues support Ward the guy stinks dirtiest fighter I've seen since i follow boxing
    people really value your opinion around here! you are smart! we love you!

Comment

Ward took whatever Weeks was giving, I don’t blame Ward but the fight was a travesty

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        now...i know the term "masterclass" is kind of subjective as are most boxing buzz words

i dunno if you could classify this as a masterclass...would you?

i would say it might be one step below that...maybe a notch below...thats about where id put it

ward had kovalev figured out...and did some serious work...kovalev had no shot that night and i thought dude was a beast...he still pretty much is...i have no qualms with kovalev....but man andre was brilliant that night
        I haven’t rewatched it but from what I can remember the second fight was totally different than the first. Plus kovo gave up and showed no heart. I think Ward clearly lost the first fight but stepped up for the rematch.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZbLlEgV0CY

its a highlight video i know....but theres alot of real clean work there....punch stat domination and a stoppage....kovalev was sapped
          You have to admit curtie that he was a dirty fighter. Just like Floyd and bhop but if they can get away with it fawk it why not right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            I haven’t rewatched it but from what I can remember the second fight was totally different than the first. Plus kovo gave up and showed no heart. I think Ward clearly lost the first fight but stepped up for the rematch.
            first fight was close...could have gone either way....i have no problem if you scored/had kov by a round or a few.....but ward left no doubt in the second...made it clear....and i think after the first 6 rounds of the total 20 i think ward adjusted and was clearly more effective

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              You have to admit curtie that he was a dirty fighter. Just like Floyd and bhop but if they can get away with it fawk it why not right?
              i dont think hes dirty..hes a spoiler...its a different type of fighter.....if there werent different types of fighters boxing would be pretty boring.....and it would just be two guys standing at ideal range seeing whos tougher and stronger

these EE guys dont like when someone can effectively fight inside and is tough....they like to stand at ideal range and box...if someone allows them to do that they are hard to beat..most of them are strong and good and putting punches together at ideal range....when u change that up on them tho they sometimes look pretty uncomfortable

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                Dirty fight to me
                Absolutely he fouled Kessler repeatedly. He should have been DQed. Horn is another guy that fights dirty.

Comment

i dont think hes dirty..hes a spoiler...its a different type of fighter.....if there werent different types of fighters boxing would be pretty boring.....and it would just be two guys standing at ideal range seeing whos tougher and stronger

these EE guys dont like when someone can effectively fight inside and is tough....they like to stand at ideal range and box...if someone allows them to do that they are hard to beat..most of them are strong and good and putting punches together at ideal range....when u change that up on them tho they sometimes look pretty uncomfortable
                  He headbutted Kessler into submission. There was nothing special about it except he's a master of avoiding point deductions. Horn is another guy that uses illegal tactics. Thank God Bud is going to get rid of him tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    He headbutted Kessler into submission. There was nothing special about it except he's a master of avoiding point deductions. Horn is another guy that uses illegal tactics. Thank God Bud is going to get rid of him tonight.
                    i understand ward fouled alot of hearts and egos when he pulled golovkins pants down and exposed roast beef curtains....but i didnt realize he fouled your soul with his destruction of kovalev too...yikes

Comment

i understand ward fouled alot of hearts and egos when he pulled golovkins pants down and exposed roast beef curtains....but i didnt realize he fouled your soul with his destruction of kovalev too...yikes
                      Your an idiot. Who the hell is taking about Golovkin except you. Your a douchebag.

Comment

Working...
                      X