Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sampson Files Lawsuit Against Benavidez, Arum, Top Rank, Keane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killakali View Post
    exactly so why say you want Arum to lose a bunch of money if the contract isn't valid? Benavidez obviously doesn't want to be with Sampson anymore and wants to roll with Top Rank
    Originally posted by Outworn View Post
    I hope Sampson get a significant amount of money from the damage.
    Key word is hope. That's my preference not the reality of what's gonna happen. I didn't say Top Rank has to pay cos i'm not the judge.

Are you Bob Scum Arum?

Comment

droppin the exclusivity rights was part of the settlement. U can’t say Haymon didn’t pay top rank because we don’t know. They have a non disclosure and can’t discuss the details.

That comment about if it wasn’t for Haymon top rank would be begging for hbo dates is Hilarious. Haymon was the one blocking the deal because of his exclusivity clause.

Why do u think he droppped it? To help Top Rank? Lol sure. More like he was going to lose more in court so he compromised.

Remember espn had already stopped showing PBC shows before that agreement.
      If they have a NDA how can you say they paid him?

TR lawsuit was just like Golden Boy's, only with less merit since Haymon hadnt had any fighters with TR. So if GBP lawsuit failed what would leave you to believe they paid him? Remember the lawsuit was so weak the judge threw it out and told them to redo it

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        If they have a NDA how can you say they paid him?

TR lawsuit was just like Golden Boy's, only with less merit since Haymon hadnt had any fighters with TR. So if GBP lawsuit failed what would leave you to believe they paid him? Remember the lawsuit was so weak the judge threw it out and told them to redo it
        actully u should read what I said. About any payment received or not I said. “ we don’t know”. Which means neither u or I know.

I wouldn’t say GBP’s lawsuit was stronger. It was different and they were asking for more in damages.

Golden boy didn’t get anything out of their lawsuit because they lost while Haylon settled with Top Rank. We know top Rank got Haymon to drop exclusivity but we don’t know what else.

Espn like NBC and spike wanted out of the PBC business and that is why Top rank’s deal was able to get finalized. It wasn’t Haymon doing them any favors. It was Haymon obviously worried enough about the case that he agreed to concessions to get TR to drop the case....

Comment

actully u should read what I said. About any payment received or not I said. “ we don’t know”. Which means neither u or I know.

I wouldn’t say GBP’s lawsuit was stronger. It was different and they were asking for more in damages.

Golden boy didn’t get anything out of their lawsuit because they lost while Haylon settled with Top Rank. We know top Rank got Haymon to drop exclusivity but we don’t know what else.

Espn like NBC and spike wanted out of the PBC business and that is why Top rank’s deal was able to get finalized. It wasn’t Haymon doing them any favors. It was Haymon obviously worried enough about the case that he agreed to concessions to get TR to drop the case....
          The TR case was based on the same as the GBP case. The difference was Haymon actually did business with GBP so I'd say their case was stronger and it never got to trial. The difference is Arum, a Harvard trained lawyer, was a lot smarter than ODLH and recognized his case didn't have much merit even after they revised it and he went for exclusivity. Which was smart instead of wasting money like Oscar did. And the only way he knew they had exclusivity was after discovery which is when he decided to settle.

Comment

The TR case was based on the same as the GBP case. The difference was Haymon actually did business with GBP so I'd say their case was stronger and it never got to trial. The difference is Arum, a Harvard trained lawyer, was a lot smarter than ODLH and recognized his case didn't have much merit even after they revised it and he went for exclusivity. Which was smart instead of wasting money like Oscar did. And the only way he knew they had exclusivity was after discovery which is when he decided to settle.
            You don't know if he only went for exclusivity. That is your assumption. I think he got more than exclusivity out of it. You can't say Haymon didn't give him any money because you don't really know.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
              Actually Bob beat Haymon in court. Remember the undisclosed settlement that Haymon agreed to pay? If you get sued and you have to pay it’s a loss, whether you settle out of court or you lose in a trial paying money is a loss in my eyes. He also had to agree to stop his anti competitive practices, which means HAymon failed to monopolize boxing which is the reason Pbc got almost a billion dollars which Haymon squandered. Pbc was a failure and Top Rank on ESPN is the biggest thing in boxing. You guys give Haymon way too much credit. Look at the facts And not the hype
              That was technically a stalemte, did you read what i said or just skim thru it?

I gave The BobFather all the credit for doing his due diligence and never losing in court except technically to Haymon!

Anyways, Sampson better prove there was a breach and that his contract wasn't weak!

Comment

correct me if im wrong but didn't bob try multiple times (3 or 4) to take haymon to court but they all got rejected except for the last one?

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                  correct me if im wrong but didn't bob try multiple times (3 or 4) to take haymon to court but they all got rejected except for the last one?
                  The first one got rejected

Comment

You don't know if he only went for exclusivity. That is your assumption. I think he got more than exclusivity out of it. You can't say Haymon didn't give him any money because you don't really know.
                    We can deduce from the Golden Boy lawsuit, which was basically the same, that Arum didn't get any money because that lawsuit never saw the light of day. It was thrown out. Like I said, Arum is a former lawyer, he knew it was going to be hard to get the case in court. His first attempt failed and the judge told him to write it again. The second attempt wasn't much better and their case wasn't as strong as Golden Boys because Haymon actually never had any fighters with Top Rank like he did with GBP

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
                      Sampson is doing the right thing. David Benavidez in my opinion has potential of becoming a superstar. He's got the total package and if I was Sampson their is no way I would accept any form of buyout money from any promoter.

Top Rank I also believe is in litigation over Beterbiev also. They need more dates and established talent for the dates with ESPN but this looks shady on how this process went down.

David should have thought this through much better and I am hoping he's not going to be sidelined long and he's too young to become an inactive fighter.

Right however it is strap season!!! Remember in 2016 andre berto had an interview and he said everyones fighting everyone. PBC fighters came up with a catchphrase for that. In 2018 its strap season I think this means Haymon is letting his fighters fight with Other promoter on the condition that they are paid well and get to fight for the title in limited # fight contracts. 2018 is the year for unification and getting the belts.

Comment

Working...
                      X