Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Pac do against the champions Floyd beat for his titles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Pac do against the champions Floyd beat for his titles?

Looking back at the major titles Floyd won, how do you think the following fighters would have stood up against a prime Pacquiao?

Genaro Hernandez

Jose Luis Castillo

Arturo Gatti

Zab Judah

Carlos Baldomir

Victor Ortiz

Canelo

Maidana

A prime version of pacquiao wins against them all

Canelo is probably the most dangerous hit he was a zombie and pac would de la Hoya him

Judah would do well for the first half of the fight but would quit after pac breaks him down which he would do imo

The others are easy calls

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Looking back at the major titles Floyd won, how do you think the following fighters would have stood up against a prime Pacquiao?

Genaro Hernandez

Jose Luis Castillo

Arturo Gatti

Zab Judah

Carlos Baldomir

Victor Ortiz

Canelo

Maidana
      He wouldn't require a gift against Castillo and wouldn't need a controversial win over Maidana. Hard to see Judah going the distance with the 2008/2009 Pacquaio also. He may have a harder time with catch-weight Canelo due to size. Pacquaio was a lot smaller than Floyd. He'd win handily in that one though still.

Comment

Stops everyone except Maidana+ Canelo ,a drained Canelo at 152 doesn't stand a chance and takes more beating especially he fights the guy that deformed the face of Brandon Rios.

The easiest fight is probably Gatti+Castillo

Comment

I would have him beating them all as well. Hernandez, Gatti and Baldomir take a savage beating. Maidana gets shut out and bloodied as does Ortiz. Judah probably has a few good rounds and I expect Pac would catch him with something in the late rounds that ends it inside the distance. Canelo from a durability perspective probably fairs the best, but he'd be too slow and Pac wins by UD. Castillo has a few good rounds and this fight likely resembles the Barerra or Morales II and III. I don't see Castillo lasting the distance.

Comment

He probably beats them all except Canelo who flatlines him.

Comment

He couldn't even decisively beat Marquez in four attempts like hell is he beating Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                He couldn't even decisively beat Marquez in four attempts like hell is he beating Canelo.
                You think Canelo is a better all around fighter than Marquez? I mean, they were both on the tainted meat program but that is where the similarities end.

Canelo would end up like Margarito.

Comment

Beats them all except probably Canelo due to size and style.

Stylistically he fairs well against most of them.

But then on the flipside I don't see Floyd getting stopped by Singsurat or Torrecampo nor do I see him losing to Morales or struggling x4 with Marquez for the same reason.

So it's all relative.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

Genaro Hernandez - ko

Jose Luis Castillo - ko

Arturo Gatti - ko

Zab Judah - tko (runner, so it'll be harder to catch, still a tko win, ref stoppage)

Carlos Baldomir - ko

Victor Ortiz - ko (big time, maybe in the 1st round too)

Canelo - ko

Maidana - ko
                    he would wipe the floor with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X