No announcement yet.

Was the 164 offer really that bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
    Ward said he would fight floyd at 160, simple as that. Statement came back to bite him on the ass.
    I guess it did.

Don't recall anybody every saying he ducked Floyd, but he did say that I believe.

Comment

If we're holding fighters to what their trainers say, how about Hunter telling us Ward will be heavyweight champ at 30. Are you gonna dis Ward for not having one heavyweight on his resume? Trainers talk ****, it's one of the job requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
        I know the whole Golovkin Ward fiasco is far behind us but I could never wrap my head around how Golovkin asking to fight at 164 was a duck. Wouldn't Ward still have an advantage because he's bigger? How is it a duck when a smaller guy wants to make it as fair as possible but the bigger guy wants to keep all of his advantages?
        Ok cool. That's what you believe so you also agree that ggg should have come down to 157 to fight canelo right?

Cuz Canelo is not a small dude. He rehydrates to 170 iirc so making 160 was natural to him.

This right here is a true dlck rider if I've ever seen one.

It's ok for ward to come down in weight and fight lil g. But nope, triple g don't have to come down to fight canelo even though he's never fought above 155. Lmao

You can't make this shlt up

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
          Ward said he would fight floyd at 160, simple as that. Statement came back to bite him on the ass.
          Yes. He said he would fight floyd at 160. He didn't say he'll fight anyone at 160-168 like lil g

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
            Yes. He said he would fight floyd at 160. He didn't say he'll fight anyone at 160-168 like lil g
            If he can go to 160 for Floyd, he can easily go to 164 for Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
              Ok cool. That's what you believe so you also agree that ggg should have come down to 157 to fight canelo right?

This right here is a true dlck rider if I've ever seen one.

It's ok for ward to come down in weight and fight lil g. But nope, triple g don't have to come down to fight canelo even though he's never fought above 155. Lmao

You can't make this shlt up
              Why do 2 guys in the same division need a catch Weight?

Comment

I know the whole Golovkin Ward fiasco is far behind us but I could never wrap my head around how Golovkin asking to fight at 164 was a duck. Wouldn't Ward still have an advantage because he's bigger? How is it a duck when a smaller guy wants to make it as fair as possible but the bigger guy wants to keep all of his advantages?
                Sure, nothing wrong with draining a guy as long as he's bigger right?

Thought you were smarter than that.

Comment

It was bad because Ward couldn’t even make 168 so it was clearly a duck. What o don’t get is how posters took Ward serious when he said he couldn’t make the weight

Comment

Golovkin offered to fight Canelo at 154 also.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      They said anybody from 154-168 & Ward said ok and they said 164 for you. For Chavez Jr & Froch its 168.
                      When did Ward say okay? 3 years later when the fight no longer mattered? You people love to chant this silly mantra of yours that doesn't even make sense. Kids say the darnedest things, as they say.

Comment

Working...
                      X