Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Inoue Blows Out McDonnell in 1st Round to Win Bantamweight Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    It is but he hasn't fought anyone with decent skills. 122 is weak also but if he beats Dogboe then you could really start discussing or even if Rigo could move down. I will say this he wont be doing that to Nonito even as out of his prime this Nonito is.
    I think home advantage helps as well. Japan is such an alien place/culture to the west. It must be very hard for foreign boxers to adjust.

Comment

Gonna be hard for him to get respect here due to his weight, but he’s way better than guys like Rigo or Chocolatito (who were once considered top p4p fighters) this is a different level of power and skill

Now let’s see him destroy Tete

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Mashdown View Post
        Why do you believe he's a hype job? I think he's the truth.
        He's not beaten anyone to warrant the hype he's just another belt collector going through divisions fighting weak links.

Many will disagree but I don't see a great varied skillset. I think he's a bit of a one trick pony.
        An aggressive counter-puncher, powerful with a very good left hook. I think if you take that left hook away there's not a great deal else there.
        Constantly squared up, his chins too high, he hasn't much of a guard or defense just he's fighting bad opposition who aren't good enough to exploit his lack of defense and even offensive limitations.

He may overachieve with his power and opponent selection but I don't see a p4p skillset.
        He's no Lomachenko, Spence, Usyk, Crawford, Gassiev, Rungsivai and so on

Comment

Putting him at #1 P4P does not really make sense, but let's enjoy a guy (in his prime) who comes to fight and ends the fight early with savagery.

Edit: Inoue vs. Rungvisai is the fight to make!
          Last edited by Bad_Guy; 05-25-2018, 08:33 AM. Reason: addendum

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Mashdown View Post
            I think home advantage helps as well. Japan is such an alien place/culture to the west. It must be very hard for foreign boxers to adjust.
            What do you mean, hard, the fans are respectful and there’s no funny business with the judging unlike in Britain or Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet Bonespurs View Post
              Gonna be hard for him to get respect here due to his weight, but he’s way better than guys like Rigo or Chocolatito (who were once considered top p4p fighters) this is a different level of power and skill

Now let’s see him destroy Tete
              Hahaha! Look what a guy like Rigondeaux does to a bigger, better more experienced and athletic version of him in Donaire.
              He's not close to eithers level and never will be. You're smoking some great **** if you really believe Inoue's better than either

Comment

What do you mean, hard, the fans are respectful and there’s no funny business with the judging unlike in Britain or Mexico
                I don't mean cheating or anything like that, but for a British fighter like McDonnell going to Japan is totally different than going to say, Texas.

Completely different language, culture, food etc. I think it takes a while to adjust.

Comment

what? lol they robbed their own goldenboy Murata in his own hometown ffs

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    He's not beaten anyone to warrant the hype he's just another belt collector going through divisions fighting weak links.

Many will disagree but I don't see a great varied skillset. I think he's a bit of a one trick pony.
                    An aggressive counter-puncher, powerful with a very good left hook. I think if you take that left hook away there's not a great deal else there.
                    Constantly squared up, his chins too high, he hasn't much of a guard or defense just he's fighting bad opposition who aren't good enough to exploit his lack of defense and even offensive limitations.

He may overachieve with his power and opponent selection but I don't see a p4p skillset.
                    He's no Lomachenko, Spence, Usyk, Crawford, Gassiev, Rungsivai and so on
                    Very interesting, green k.

Comment

Inoue's biggest problems to date have been his own hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X