No announcement yet.

Keep it real. Joshua doesn't want to fight Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    Hearn in his revised offer said he'd offer more money for Wilder whether it was upfront OR on the split, so why even cap the figure at 17 mill or mention 8x is highest payday or anything of the like. Its irrelevant just offer Wilder a good deal something too good to be refused. As it stands I doubt 17 mill is too good to be refused if they're talking up how much money can be made in Vegas.

He said: “I will send them a new offer.

“It could be an increase in the basic fee, it could be a bigger split, it could be a bit of both."

Counter-offer Wilder something both sides are happy with plain and simple, and if Deontay doesn't accept then I'll say he's ducking.
    If his counter-offer is less than what Wilder would make from his own offer, that would be absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
      Let us have the fight in London then but it makes Joshua look soft like he is unable to fight outside of his comfort zone. So now when he talks trash you wonder who he is trying to convince you or himself. Haha but I'm most just happy because it looks optimistic. When the articles start talking about Joshua vs Povetkin is when I'm crabby again.
      I would love to see Wilder pull an Errol Spence & KO Joshua in front of 90k people. I'm kinda hoping the fight gets made there. But if Joshua is turning down $50 mil im not optimistic about the fight being made at all

Comment

Like others, I don't think Joshua doesn't want it. But he's team surely doesn't

Comment

Gayjay always talks about how he is from the “hood” and how tough he is by willing to go through hell and that he enjoys it! However this guy is clearly running scared of wilder. It’s sad! Take the 50 mil win or lose but you still get payed good money instead of being ko’d by Povetkin and completely ruining your chances.

Comment

Watching these UK fans scramble to try and spin this has been nothing short of incredible.

Comment

Dunno.

Joshua is guaranteed 20-25 million if he fights Joe Bloggs next.

Wilder is only guaranteed 2 million if he fights Joe Bloggs next.

The Joshua uplift is 200%

The Wilder uplift is 600%

I'm not sure it's all Joshua's fault here. Wilder is the bigger financial loser here by 3x and if he is confident of beating AJ, then why would he not travel and get paid his 600% pay day ?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                If his counter-offer is less than what Wilder would make from his own offer, that would be absurd.
                Exactly man its like wtf, thats reverse hustling.

Comment

I just hope the delay is due to negotiations

Comment

i think its pretty obvious, I think AJs pride wants to take the fight but his circle and especially his promoter does not want it. the way his fans defend everything hearn says is distasteful. overall I think aj wants it but hes being forced to take the btch route. Now everyone is leaning towards he should wait 2 more fights .... even these posters who are supposed to be fans. he was ready for kilts n parker but now all of a sudden he needs time to develop vs on of the most limited skilled boxers in the sport... interesting.. if aj walks away from 50mill it will go down as one of the biggest ducks in boxing history... even though we know hearn will be the reason

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                      Watching these UK fans scramble to try and spin this has been nothing short of incredible.
                      yeah its terrible they look pathetic, I was a big fan of Floyd but even at some point I called him out on his bullsht, these guys have no chill

Comment

Working...
                      X