No announcement yet.

How do you see Loma-Duran at 135 going?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Good post. Most are underrating or overrating Loma at this point. This is a very fair and reasonable assessment.
    Thanks, man!

I tried to picture how both guys fight and how they'd go at each other and so forth. We'll never know for sure but I can see it playing out this way.

Comment

duran would body hypejob loma

Comment

Duran by total annihilation.

Comment

Lomo beats him.

Comment

duran ends him. Loma has heart so he would have took that beating until he could take no more and his career would have been over

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              Something that a lot of people here are missing is that weigh-ins were much different back in that era. I'm pretty damn certain they were typically done the morning of the fight. I hardly doubt Duran was following today's standards, of ridiculous weight cutting, back when he was fighting at lightweight. I wouldn't be surprised if he was only a few pounds bigger than Loma (but smaller than say, Linares).

Of course, I still want to see how Lomachenko does against a hard puncher like Mikey, but you cannot discredit Loma as a fighter. I'm certain that even if Duran is the favorite, Loma would put up a very tough fight for Duran. If Esteban could beat Duran, Loma could. It's boxing, anything can happen.

With that said, right now I obviously have to make Duran the favorite, but Loma's career is still in the works.
              LW duran in his prime aint losing to a guy with less than 15 fights. Stop it!!! Quick questions, Dejesus when he fought Duran, How many fights did he have and how many at lw? Feel free to answer when u can.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                Nobody beats Duran at 135.
                DeJesus beat him at 135.

Comment

I think Loma's ceiling is at 130. Against someone like Duran at 135, I see Loma kissing the canvas and, this time, not getting back up. Loma should go back to 130 and stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    DeJesus beat him at 135.

It never ceases to amaze me the degree to which past greats are inflated however. Maybe I'm waaay off, but in my world the greatest boxers of each era would probably square off reasonably competitively against each other. Of course, it remains to be seen where Lomachenko slots into the wider history of the sport, but there's absolutely no reason to believe at this stage that it wouldn't be competitive.

Comment

IMO to beat Duran at LW you need to be able to jab and keep him off you as long as possible. You need to be able to move constantly and frustrate him. You also need to be bigger than him if you stand a chance of beating prime Duran.

Lomachenko has the jab and the movement. My only concern is Loma's somewhat short arms and how he needs to get close to Duran. The sequence where he got Linares out would be tough for him to execute on Duran given the flurry of hard punches. Loma isn't bigger than Duran through this point so that would hurt his chances IMO.

I just haven't seen enough of Loma at 135 to think he'd beat Duran, especially since I had him even with Linares going into the 10th because of the Knockdown.

Duran UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X