Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is There Any Doubt That Lomachenko Is #1 Pound For Pound?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. EBT 97K View Post
    Canelo is #1. He’s the reason why boxing is alive. Didn’t Bumochenko get his ass whooped by Salido??? Yeah, that’s what I thought, punk.

King Canelo #1 P4P
    hahahahahahaha phagot roidnello fans are loosing their mind, ,,,can’t be serious lol

Comment

After the fall of Roy Jones Jr, Floyd Mayweather Jr was the unquestioned top p4p fighter in the sport, until his retirement against Andre Berto, full stop.

After Floyd stepped aside, Andre Ward was the top p4p fighter, without question, until he walked away.

With Ward now gone, the status is vacant and will remain vacant until some fighter comes along and leaves no doubt.

Alvarez, Crawford, Lomachenko, and Golovkin all have some claim, and Mikey Garcia, Errol Spence Jr, Usyk (if he beats Gassiev to seal the division) and a few others are on their way to being in that conversation sooner than not.

Lomachenko fought his biggest opponent (and arguably second best opponent on skills) and not only didn't look stellar, he got dropped and basically confirmed the game plan to stifle him (Lomachenko's near entire game seems to be built on getting inside your range, before then baiting you to open yourself up so that he can land).

Maybe he can make the adjustment, but it's clear why all of the talk of running through weight divisions has cooled the way it has

Comment

Mikey Cherry Picker Garcia vs Nomaschenko for P4P title. P4P is for 3 or more division winners in my opinion except for super heavyweights of course. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
          Loma is P4P number one in the world. No dispute about that!
          Crawford a close second though...
          Crawford has the weakest resume of the 3. American fans and establishment are biased i cant see how you can make an argument for Terence being higher than GGG let alone Loma

Comment

The only people who make out that Linares isn't an elite fighter and thus it isn't a win worth talking about are brainlets

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              There's no doubt right now. The closest is Crawford.

agree with both points

Comment

Originally posted by Leonis View Post
                Crawford has the weakest resume of the 3. American fans and establishment are biased i cant see how you can make an argument for Terence being higher than GGG let alone Loma

because he is a much better, more well-rounded fighter

if he was naturally the same size as Golovkin, or if Golovkin was naturally the same size as Crawford..... who would win?

Golovkin looks terrific against " available " scrubs..... but he went life-and-death with Jacobs and he could not beat the smaller Canelo..... some say he lost a decision in that fight..... I see the super-talented Crawford schooling him

and other than Jacobs/Canelo (who both gave him a *) Golovkin's resume has no real substance

Comment

Long article. Put succinctly - Loma, Bud and GGG all pass the eye test. Loma's resume isn't earth shatteringly brilliant but it is better than anyone else's.

I'd also make a case for S.R (thai super-fly) - his resume over the last 3 fights is awesome - former P4P No1 twice and then Estrada, a top ten p4p fighter. If he fights Estrada next, as has been rumored, that'd be a heck of a run.

Comment

Bud #1

Salido beat the breaks off of Loma ass
                    And Loma has what? 12 fights gtfoh

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      By Andreas Hale - We are about a week removed from Vasiliy Lomachenko's thrilling 10th round knockout of Jorge Linares. Now that the dust has settled and the knee jerk reactions are behind us, is there any doubt that the two-time Olympic gold medalist and three division world champion inside of 12 fights is the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world? Well, it depends on who you ask...
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      Close one, but I think GGG still keeps that spot

Comment

Working...
                      X