Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just saw GGG vs Canelo for the first time since september...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to give all the close rounds to Canelo in order for him to win like 115-113.

Otherwise, GGG is probably going to be 166-112 on most scorecards.

Comment

7-5 GGG ,can we end this already?

10-2 from maxi LOL. Dude stop doing drugs wtf

Comment

Ggg won it for me. Canelo landed the bigger punches and flashier combos but ggg was more consistent pumping his jab through out the course of the fight and simply outworking him. Canelo had too many spurts of inactivty and movement to win imo

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          GGG won. Only reason people think it might have been close is because Canelo had a big round late. Aside from that it was 8-4 clear.
          neither guy won 8 rounds and neither guy won 10 rounds. Canelo won the early and last rounds. GGG won most in between. 7-5 either way or a draw is more than fair. 10 rounds to EITHER fighter on anyone's scorecard is a nothing but horse****.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Yeah I thought Golovkin won pretty clearly
            Ditto buddy

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
              neither guy won 8 rounds and neither guy won 10 rounds. Canelo won the early and last rounds. GGG won most in between. 7-5 either way or a draw is more than fair. 10 rounds to EITHER fighter on anyone's scorecard is a nothing but horse****.
              if only it was that simple...canelo did not win round 1 or round 11. round 10 was a back and forth round maybe he won it? sure if you make straw mans you can come to that conclusion that he won the early and later rounds but its just not true. he won some of them is the correct way to frame it

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                if only it was that simple...canelo did not win round 1 or round 11. round 10 was a back and forth round maybe he won it? sure if you make straw mans you can come to that conclusion that he won the early and later rounds but its just not true. he won some of them is the correct way to frame it
                So you scored it 10-2 or 8-4? I score fights as to who lands what. When a glove touches a face or the body(not elbows) I score the round for who landed the most and affective. I don't give rounds for shoeshining(dlh/srl) Neither do I give punches for coming forward. If I would score every fight that way, I would have scored a win for Chavez against Sweet Pea. I also try to watch fights without HBO commentary. It's the most wonderful thing in the world not having to listen to Lampley or Ledderman. So if you had GGG winning the fight, that's cool, but there is no way he won 8 rounds and DEFINITELY not 10. The same goes for Canelo. And please please PLEASE don't bring up compubox. But hey, I gave Mcgregor the first 3 rounds against Mayweather and I had his first fight against Miandana 7-5 (in favor of Mayweather) unlike most people.

Comment

Sounds like you golovetriberians had your scorecards filled out before the fight even started! Wow! You Don’t know shet about boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                    Ditto buddy
                    This place exploded in tears and anger after the fight. I thought it was controversial for a good reason and most here would see why... But no. Canelo really did give a damn good account of himself though.

Comment

I honestly think people are upset with the 118 scorecard more than the result. The 118 card was criminal, but the fight was still close. Even Lampley said that was a highly acceptable descion when it was announced. I personally had GGG winning by 1 round but I can definitely see a draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X