Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just saw GGG vs Canelo for the first time since september...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG won for sure. I enjoyed the fight. It was close, but I easily scored it for GGG. In a rematch, Canelo is the one with something to worry about. GGG may get old but he ain't old as of yet. I see the same thing happening but GGG might be able to get to him more in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      dude, come on. he didn't. he was always at the end of GGG's jab and after five rounds he looked dead tired as if his arms were too heavy. is he better than i/we thought? yes, but not better than golovkin.
      There's a reason that most of the pro fighters and trainers I've seen asked about the rematch say they would pick Canelo. He was the better boxer. He's just very foolish at times and GG's smarter strat and ring IQ won him that fight.
      I'm sure you saw GG dominate, because you've bashed Canelo in everything he's done. Let's be honest.

Comment

GGG won. Only reason people think it might have been close is because Canelo had a big round late. Aside from that it was 8-4 clear.

Comment

The fight had no fireworks...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            There's a reason that most of the pro fighters and trainers I've seen asked about the rematch say they would pick Canelo. He was the better boxer. He's just very foolish at times and GG's smarter strat and ring IQ won him that fight.
            I'm sure you saw GG dominate, because you've bashed Canelo in everything he's done. Let's be honest.
            but i can't ignore the fact that canelo, as i said, looked dead tired after five rounds. he never looked comfortable in the fight at all and was never in control.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              The fight had no fireworks...
              Word. Good fight but I'm not exactly pumped to see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                GGG won. Only reason people think it might have been close is because Canelo had a big round late. Aside from that it was 8-4 clear.
                yes, i think it was the last two rounds where he had some success and let his hands go.

Comment

I thought Canelo won enough rounds to win the fight. It's been over a year since i watched it, and even though Canelo tired out, I struggled to find rounds GGG clearly won. I thought Canelo landed the clearer, sharper, more eye-catching shots.

I accept I am in the minority though.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Its your opinion, 10 of the 12 rounds were close competition, a fight like that can be scored any number of ways. What I've noticed on here is that the GGG fans all get very defensive, and try to stick to a 9-3 8-4 type of score, because they know that if they say 7-5 it can be argued.

I also see a trend that GGG swept all the middle rounds, where again some of those rounds were mighty close and could have been scored either way, as were the early rounds and the 12th (close fight!!!). Through 5-9, Canelo might have been showing distress signals, and a little negative, but he was still landing the quality punches, even in those rounds.

I personally feel if you accumulated all scores, it would probably fall around 7-5 GGG, a close fight. People think the next fight is going to give us a definitive answer, but I'm not sure about that, I don't think these guys have the ability to elevate above the other due to their relative weaknesses.
                    Here's how it can't be scored, 10-2 Canelo. The Fight lost all credibility cause that b1tch was on the take.

Comment

I thought the draw was absolutely plausible personally

Comment

Working...
                      X