Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Gets Off The Floor To Knock Linares Out in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    Great post. Admittedly, i was shocked with how easily he was being hit tonight.

Called a stoppage but the fight was much more competive than I assumed.

Eating crow for clowning Linares. He fought like a champ.
    I think Linares' stock really dropped a lot with that premature Demarco round 1 stoppage. Linares was hurt in that fight but definitely could have continued. Your stock drops after a round 1 stoppage no matter what you do after that. Who could have imagined him getting to this point after the Sergio Thompson loss though? For him to go from that point in his career to this is definitely a rarity. He definitely showed he has great timing and poise tonight. There was nothing controversial about this stoppage though. He just couldn't make that 10 count. That was really a special shot. It was very nicely set up and Loma was in the danger zone to land it. Linares definitely raised his stock tonight even with the loss though. Nobody expected him to push Loma this deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Satir View Post
      if Loma beats Garcia at 135 then he should fight Regis Prograis at 140, if he beats Prograis then he should fight Keith Thurman at 147, if he beats Thurman then he should fight Hurd at 154...
      I agree'd until the thurman part, then i was almost certain your username is missing an "e" on the end.

Comment

• Sounds like it was a great fight. Surely this secures Loma's credentials as P4P No. 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          It was not a dominating win, but is was a legacy win! KO with a body shot? That's an instant classic! He changed my mind, Loma became a HOFer tonight, whether he beats Mikey Garcia or not! If he beats Mikey, or vice versa, the winner is an ATG!
          I know bronx ....it was a highly technical fight with between two very elite fighters where one guy was also giving up 15lbs in weight.
          That alone shows how supreme loma is and actually stopping him with a body shot is even more impressive.
          I had loma slightly ahead but not by much but he just has that extra gear that great fighters rely on to up the pace and pull through.
          which boxer who is competing today can match lomachenko in terms of boxing skill....in all my years of following boxing i have never seen a fighter with such great movement and footwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
            Sounds like it was a great fight. Surely this secures Loma's credentials as P4P No. 1.
            AHhhhhh NO

Comment

• Originally posted by davef View Post
              loma beats tank

mikey beats loma

135 is his ceiling imo
              Loma stops Tank
              Loma beats Mikey
              Loma stops Easter bunny
              Loma stops Beltran

I used to hate on Loma too but when he keeps beating up on my guys and making them quit I’ve got no choice but to believe . The Loma revolution is near you just got to reach out and touch it

Comment

• Delahoya is a crab khan Linares too

Too much talking of Oscar dela polla,and Linares see with the mouth no one wins had a feeling loma was going to whip ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                  Nice fight. Loma didnt look invincible. No excuses, Loma vs the Mikey vs Easter winner. May the best man win. Loma has a few things to tighten up on, so he can avoid Mikey's power.

I got Mikey by KO 10th if it happens. Still two of my top five, so dont debate me
                  Yep, that would be an awesome fight. Loma clearly carried his power up to the weight, it's a tough call, but I think it does go to the later rounds but Loma beats Garcia, just. Loma's ring IQ is very high, he makes small adjustments and listens to his corner and it could just be enough to pip Garcia.

Comment

• Delahoya is a crap khan Linares too

Too much talking of Oscar dela polla sissy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                      4 losses=bum.

So Duran, Chavez, Sr, SRR, LaMotta, Pac, all bums.

The loses dont make him a bum, losing to bums makes him a bum lol If he wasn't a bum, he wouldn't of lost to Loma, he had all the physical advantages, just not mentally there. Jake Lomotta fought like 100 fights lol You're gonna compare him to Jorge Linares just cause you saw an opening in my argument? Seriously Roberto Duran? 4 of the guys you named have over 100 fights lol cmon dude, i know it fits in your argument, but makes no sense for you to compare Linares to these guys. You should know Top Rank is not gonna set up their guy with A level fighters until the very end of his career. He has like 10 pro fights and is the second money maker in the whole top rank stable. You're not going to see him against someone really good for awhile. Bob Arum is gonna milk him until he cant get no more milk.

My guess is Loma's pro career is going to be like 20-25 fights total. He's already 30 years old. Don't get me wrong man, I like Loma as a person. He seems very chill in his interviews and always seems to give his honest opinion.
                      Last edited by SpeedForce; 05-12-2018, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X